Bedini 100/100?? Need help to set bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Steve, I got a "New American Sound" amp 100/100 Mk2, which is early version of Bedini 100/100 Mk2 amp. It sounds really good. One of the circuit board has two of the transisters with TO39 package replaced with something else. I am trying to find the right part and make them more original than modified. I cannot find any information. Would kindly tell me what those transistors are? John

Steve, I got a "New American Sound" amp 100/100 Mk2, which is early version of Bedini 100/100 Mk2 amp. It sounds really good. One of the circuit board has two of the transisters with TO39 package replaced with something else. I am trying to find the right part and make them more original than modified. I cannot find any information. Would kindly tell me what those transistors are? John

Have a look here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/131805-bedini-250w-2.html#post2790273
Probably 2N5416 / 2N3440
Hope this helps

Bedini model 100 need

Hi all- looking for some help from this group. I own a model 100 and have lost the left channel. I read that uberryan traced out the amp and was wondering if anyone has access to the schematic from Bedini or uberryan so I could repair my left channel- thanks for any help.

I can help you somewhat
I believe the 100, 45/45 and 25/25 (1meg) have similar driver boards if not the same with minor part changes
The boards have some tantalum caps that would make the bias unstable at times.
You can replace the outputs with the new Motorola.

Last edited:
Bedini repair

Hi all- looking for some help from this group. I own a model 100 and have lost the left channel. I read that uberryan traced out the amp and was wondering if anyone has access to the schematic from Bedini or uberryan so I could repair my left channel- thanks for any help.

Hi Koetsu13,

I know this is a way down the line, but did you manage to get the Bedini 100 fixed? I have a 25.25 that I am busy repairing, and have a problem with the xfmr. The insulation on the secondary side leads has totally dried out and busy cracking off. Do you know of a repair shop that might be able to tell me what the xfmr specification is VA wise. The voltage I have measured is 20V-0-20V and that follows through to the rail voltage being 28V. I could just go for a bit of overkill and have a 400VA made for me, but I am sure it will not fit into the current chassis. I really want to keep the unit as is, and not in a modified chassis.
Regards, Kevin
P.S. I do have a hand drawn schematic of my amp.

Last edited:
Anyone know of the fuse type and also size, -"Amps", t
that should be installed in a (Bedini, 802A) amplifier? The fellow who sent it to me had no idea and it came with different fuses in all the positions, Two on each side on top of the PCB's.
And two, "one each side at the speaker outputs".
And one more, Just above the (IEC), inlet for 120V.
I have heard different answers everywhere. Answers from "2-15A", slow-blo" for the speaker outputs. And anywhere from, "8-20A", in both (fast AND slo-blo), config. for the ones on the drive boards. The one at the, (IEC)? should be the same as the rating on the inlet itself.
But I do not think this amp came stock with a "10A", IEC inlet!
Also, Both boards are marked as, "803-A, Revision II".
And then setting the "Bias", and "Idle", ect?
Anyone?
Recently I emailed and I also called, "Had to leave a message", using the info given on the "Bedini" website. And the, (Mailer daemon), returned the email". No return call.
Anyone?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
These amp intrigue me. With a very similar build quality to the "Pass" and "Threshold", amps that I have..
"I had to try".
Thanks.

And to the "Bedini Brothers",
You made the audio world a more interesting place.
And I never met either of you. But I have heard nothing but, "Good Things".
And that is kind of rare these days. It proves "Character". A very good thing.
So, "Rest in Peace fella's"
Godspeed and God Bless!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.