BAF 2015 Coverage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just one more dumb thought.
In it's most pure form of Schade feedback you are putting a very linear device ie resistor in parallel between gate and drain, in addition to feedback effect would this also help linearise the device (sought of like degeneration effect with source resistors)
The brain doesn't know what to think about that.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I didn't mention Cordell , error correction as term/physical process existed long before him ..... and I'm using it here in most crude/basic meaning - assuming junction where (part of) output signal is compared/summed with pure input signal

inverting OP arrangement as example , vs. non-inverting OP NFB arrangement , where NFB summing junction is not containing pure/non altered input signal

so , most probably exactly what you meant

I didn't mention Cordell , error correction as term/physical process existed long before him ..... and I'm using it here in most crude/basic meaning - assuming junction where (part of) output signal is compared/summed with pure input signal

inverting OP arrangement as example , vs. non-inverting OP NFB arrangement , where NFB summing junction is not containing pure/non altered input signal

so , most probably exactly what you meant

Yeah looks like you understood exactly what I was trying to say.

I often describe this stuff in my own words. I was starting to worry that my use of terminology could possibly add confusion so wanted to make sure we understood one another

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM knows Train Station

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 405
What could be the better bias solution for this 4.7V? What I can think is an independent transformer circut using bridge-cap-positive regulator-cap and adjusting pot, or can I just have the voltage divider from the supply or at the 28V point?

Thank you for your tip in advance.. :)

What could be the better bias solution for this 4.7V? What I can think is an independent transformer circut using bridge-cap-positive regulator-cap and adjusting pot, or can I just have the voltage divider from the supply or at the 28V point?

Thank you for your tip in advance.. :)

nothing wrong with LM324 , lately popular in FW stable

Pa probably bought few containers of them

:clown:

Don't know if Nelson has been waiting for us to get off our fat lazy *****, but here is what my brain can put together. It works completely fine.

R12 is a trim pot. It might be best to convert R12 into 10k resistor + 25 Turn 10k trim pot. You need very fine adjustment.

Hopefully you bastards appreciate this.

Attachments

• Hockey Puck Amp with Voltage Reference.jpg
    Hockey Puck Amp with Voltage Reference.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Adjustment with 10k resistor and 10k trimpot.
In my opinion 0.08V per turn is not fine enough, these suckers are super sensitive. I think we need to shoot for 0.04V per turn.

Change to 25Turn 5k trimpot

Attachments

• Tr.jpg
    Tr.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 299
  • 10k Trimpot.jpg
    10k Trimpot.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.