Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Slightly OT... but I bought the package in the link below to keep an assortment of connectors to use with various PEMs etc., I use them when I want to use the female blade connection vs. directly solder to the tab. I have a proper crimper for them, but ... I go against advice from the manufacturer and go with crimp and solder + heatshrink.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0878Y7XVN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I hated not always having the proper size.

tl;dr - a fairly inexpensive way to have an assortment in various sizes. Plus... I like the crimp pattern and the security of the wrap around the insulation for strain relief. I also like the fact that my crimp / connection is totally visible before I heatshrink over them (or just use the silicon sleeves provided) vs. some typical connectors (that I admit that I also use) like these...

YMMV...

1710858785333.png

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Very transparent. Trying to just listen a few sessions, break in. Whether it really breaks in, or I just get used to it. Whatever it is, I tend to notice it in bass first, then mids, then highs.

Bias and offset are dead stable comparatively with other builds.

Switching to where it is now, this is the third different speakers it has been on. The amplifiers transparency will be great for revealing differences in speakers.

The XSD speakers are the best sound so far which I appreciate, it was the pair I meant this amp to go with. The XSD speakers have a very large sound field, a quality this amp also seems to share.

Russellc

Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
William wasn't predicting ........ he was looking back in time - he said that amp you have now is Father of All Amps, even if not exactly capable of Intergalactic PA duty

Well, if we slightly forget a fact of even Father of All Amps is having pre-time origin..... Pa's XA25

mine is having one "2" more!!

and more parts!

(exact moment of Big Bang was when one of Papamps burned fuses in Apogees)

:devily:

Funny Photos.jpg