Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

Making progress with PSU...

Attachments

• XA252_PS05a.jpg
    XA252_PS05a.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 1 users
ZM, Is there a specific reason the lip of the chassis mounting plate needs to be up?

I originally mounted mine lip down, then realized it didn't fit with included hardware as the mounting bolts stressed the plate in bending. However, based on other suggestions to raise the plate up with 10mm standoffs, then the lip orientation doesn't appear to matter as far as fit goes. So that's how mine is currently mounted, lip down, on standoffs.

Are there any other reasons lip should be up as far as fit, form, function?

Ok, so lip down is fine as long as mains still go under plate unimpeded if thats how I plan to run them. I only had 12mm standoffs, so I don't think I'd need to flip it up unless I wanted even more room. Ill probably put it up anyway just because why not. Of course, if someone wasn't going to run mains under the plate for whatever reason, then it wouldn't matter if lip is up or down. I've also seen some builds where mains are sent down through the mounting holes with a gasket to protect from fraying. I'm guessing that's not a preferred method due to higher risk of damage and harder to disassemble if needed.

If this is the primary "why to have lip up", then that makes sense to me. I thought there may be other reasons.

Thanks Plott!

Joined 2003
Paid Member
That way you can have your mains wires under the plate.
I flip mine lip down, no standoffs because the lip down makes a hollow underneath that wires can pass through. Guess I have missed something,
but with everything mounted, too much to undo! Wouldnt lip up make less room between bottom panel and bottom of said perforated plate? Although I guess I will have to cut a little on the front lip, for wires to go through. Nutz.

Joined 2021
Paid Member
I flip mine lip down, no standoffs because the lip down makes a hollow underneath that wires can pass through. Guess I have missed something,
but with everything mounted, too much to undo! Wouldnt lip up make less room between bottom panel and bottom of said perforated plate? Although I guess I will have to cut a little on the front lip, for wires to go through. Nutz.
My first build with lips up is this amp, but to do so I had to use longer screws and two further nut screws per screw to hold the plate. So there is more room under the plate and no sharp edge between plate and chassis (however, my earlier builds were lips down).

PSX_20231028_101334.jpg

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I have been studying pics of builds, #828, #900, #965, #1056, #1064 and a few others trying to figure out what connects to L+ and L-. Looks like L+ goes to + side of power supply along with U+? Can't find clear pic of the L- connection, but if I am right about L+, I would guess it goes to U- of power supply? Went through thread number of times, might have missed a schematic of PS? This is mosfet version.

Thanks for help!

Russellc

Joined 2021
Paid Member
I have been studying pics of builds, #828, #900, #965, #1056, #1064 and a few others trying to figure out what connects to L+ and L-. Looks like L+ goes to + side of power supply along with U+? Can't find clear pic of the L- connection, but if I am right about L+, I would guess it goes to U- of power supply? Went through thread number of times, might have missed a schematic of PS? This is mosfet version.

Thanks for help!

Russellc
Russel, where or what is L+/L-? Can't find on my board.
If you mean LS+ -> that's the speaker output, LS- is the speaker gnd = psu gnd.

Reactions: 1 user