Babbelfish J PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Zen Mod said:

anyway- what you looking here......

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'm sure it you more than a few minutes:)

I'll be in jeopardy to kill ya ........ you'll know then too much ......... and then you'll be smarter than I am ;

I'm no threat on this front.;)

exact ,or preferred, Ugs at needed Ids , what else -same as for mosfets when you choose them for exact role ;

Thank you - this is what was a mystery for me - I thought they were way different beasts.

hehe- gimme more direct question - what you wanna achieve and where - to find sub for 2SJ109BL or what?

Well, yeah, I'm probably gonna have to sub it BUT my question was really general on purpose. I'm just trying to get a feel for them so I can get smarter than you:D

Hey, next week I'm gonna check out some old microwave radio rf parts that I could swear (from memory) have little six legged metal bugs on them - do you think there's hope for something special? Maybe 'mining' is the secret:rolleyes:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

Well, yeah, I'm probably gonna have to sub it BUT my question was really general on purpose. I'm just trying to get a feel for them so I can get smarter than you:D

in case that you need to sub 'em try here :

http://tiny.pl/5552

"matched pair of 2SJ74"

ask for BL variant,off course

lazy greedy Yank

put blob of thermal grease (not that grease from your leaking lathe ) between them and tie them .......same as two BC critters in CCS

twist them legs as you like
:devilr:

.....everything other-same as every other *******ized Aleph.....

WTF??

180r gate stoppers!@
47r resistors!!$#%^
4.7v zeners!!!! &@!#$%^&^#$%^

your gonna make me go shopping - dammitt!!

Can I at least stick mpsa in place of BC ?:)

Kidding aside - I wanna play with smaller outputs than the monsters you stuck in there, prob something to-220. I stuck 1r source and speek resistors in there as a starting point. I can easily parallel something in there later - do you think it is a good direction?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

WTF??

180r gate stoppers!@
47r resistors!!$#%^
4.7v zeners!!!! &@!#$%^&^#$%^

your gonna make me go shopping - dammitt!!

Can I at least stick mpsa in place of BC ?:)

Kidding aside - I wanna play with smaller outputs than the monsters you stuck in there, prob something to-220. I stuck 1r source and speek resistors in there as a starting point. I can easily parallel something in there later - do you think it is a good direction?

for gate stopers use whatever you have from 150 to 330ohms ;
47E resistors ........... "don't touch my circles" !!

4V7 zeners - you can omit them if you are always sober when you pull or put cables in da amp

use 0R33 source and speek resistors and use those dreky big mosfets

in fact- what voltage and current you want to have here?

edit- you can use mpsa instead of BC........use whatever little critter you have in drawer ........withsame polarity ,off course,and be careful with pinout

Zen Mod said:

for gate stopers use whatever you have from 150 to 330ohms ;
47E resistors ........... "don't touch my circles" !!

4V7 zeners - you can omit them if you are always sober when you pull or put cables in da amp

edit- you can use mpsa instead of BC........use whatever little critter you have in drawer ........withsame polarity ,off course,and be careful with pinout

Yes, All of the above I assumed correct- I was :clown:-ing you.

use 0R33 source and speek resistors and use those dreky big mosfets

n fact- what voltage and current you want to have here?

Voltage ~ +-16 to +-18v, current less than stock. I'm building a mini version for big long heavy tweeters:)

So, I guess I wanna keep it at maybe 1/2 to 3/4 amp - just enuff to roast some smaller fets...

What type of cap is this? ...and how good is it?

I just farmed a bunch off of a board...

Thanks!

Attachments

• babbelfish-j-1.jpg
    babbelfish-j-1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 656
Higher Rail Voltage ... LTP CCS values

Hello All,

I am selecting parts for a Choky-Zenmod's Babelfish J-X . I note that the values for the constant current supply for the long tailed pair in the Babelfish-J (24V rails) and the Babelfish-J-X (15 V rails) are the same.

1. Will the values in that circuit give the "best" results with both rail voltages, or can some improvement be made by changing the values with higher voltages?

2. I know that adjusting the 10k variable resistor alters the DC gain. Does it alter the "Aleph gain" or the "AC gain" of the output stage also?

Regards and thanks,
George.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: oops ...

GeorgeBoles said:
Umm, sorry, that should read:

1. Will the values in that circuit give the "optimal" results with both rail voltages, or can some improvement be made by changing the values with 15 V rail?

Regards,
George

GeorgeBoles said:
Hello All,

I am selecting parts for a Choky-Zenmod's Babelfish J-X . I note that the values for the constant current supply for the long tailed pair in the Babelfish-J (24V rails) and the Babelfish-J-X (15 V rails) are the same.

1. Will the values in that circuit give the "best" results with both rail voltages, or can some improvement be made by changing the values with higher voltages?

2. I know that adjusting the 10k variable resistor alters the DC gain. Does it alter the "Aleph gain" or the "AC gain" of the output stage also?

Regards and thanks,
George.

1. irrelevant ; leave it as is - in both cases you'll have enough base current for little BC critter

2 . proper definition ( or xplanation) can be " alters the AC gain of Aleph CCS "

hehe- in fact - that trimpot doesn't alter "Aleph CCS AC gain" ,at least not in significant amount ; it's there just for rough adjust of Iq

again- I didn't tested that schmtc,at all ;
Lucky Luke started in building it,but he wandered from it few months ago....... vacations,fun,blues,Krells,vacations,fun,blues,sex, Krells,vacations........

Excellent

Dear Zenmod-Choky,

Thank-you for your assistance. I also feel happy that I at least have understood the circuit enough to that point.

I know that that circuit is untested ... but given the "stability" and of the Aleph-X circuit, and that yours is only a "minor change", I feel hopeful that all should go well. If my work fails, I can re-build as a standard Aleph-X or as a "standard" Babelfish-J ... as long as I haven't smoked too many parts.

I am just fin tuning my component layout on my board as I type to you.

Regards,
George.

Hello Zenny,

We retrieved only about five small items. The police found one of the criminals who had these items, and a LOT of other items stolen from other houses.

But, these scum stick together, like the slime on the bottom of a stagnant pond, and he would not tell who else was involved, or where the other items might be.

I will really miss not having the 1780's grandfather clock and the Sopwith bookcase in the family. They were really nice. (Besides, not everyone has a real Sopwith in their homes. A Sopwith Camel or a Pup would have been better, but this was much more practical.) I really liked the slate clock, too. :(

Stolen antiques are a HUGE area of criminal activity now. These blokes are really organized, and they are happy to wait a year or more to unload high quality goods, and to move them around the world. The grandfather clock is worth more than a 6-cylinder Opel family sedan, and, at a similar price, the Sopwith bookcase was a really smart and very well cared-for piece of furniture.

Have you popped into my website recently ... has some pictures of my stereo, an older version of my LM3886 amp, and what (I hope) is an encouragement to others to try out DIY hifi. My son told me it was too boring, but it is all I have time to do with "notepad.exe". I have yet to put in some piccies of my NS-10, and the circuitboard layouts as well. I probably should also cut some of the pages up and make them separate topics. But that is for another day.

Regards,
George.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GeorgeBoles said:
Hello Zenny,

We retrieved only about five small items. .............

Have you popped into my website recently .................

:mad:
drek happens all the time ;

one thing is when someone ripp you off for just stuff ,and completely other issue is when things of passion and heritage are stolen.........

yup, I looked at your site ;
it's not boring certainly,even if chip amps are not exactly my cup of tea ;) ( been there...)

ya need nice little WYSIWYG web building proggie?

Re: Re: oops ...

Zen Mod said:

again- I didn't tested that schmtc,at all ;
Lucky Luke started in building it,but he wandered from it few months ago....... vacations,fun,blues,Krells,vacations,fun,blues,sex, Krells,vacations........
You forgot fishing, mate;) I have the modded Babbel-X boards in a box, just waiting to be pulled out. I will get back to it, eventually.

Steen.

Re: Excellent

GeorgeBoles said:
Dear Zenmod-Choky,

Thank-you for your assistance. I also feel happy that I at least have understood the circuit enough to that point.

I know that that circuit is untested ... but given the "stability" and of the Aleph-X circuit, and that yours is only a "minor change", I feel hopeful that all should go well. If my work fails, I can re-build as a standard Aleph-X or as a "standard" Babelfish-J ... as long as I haven't smoked too many parts.

I am just fin tuning my component layout on my board as I type to you.

Regards,
George.

George, nice to see you are working on a Babbel-X. If you are working on a board-layout, I will be happy to look it over and I am sure our friend ZenMod will have something to add.

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.