B1 with Korg Triode

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I'm building up a store version PCB, here's the part numbers (Mouser) I'm using if anybody is interested -

10ohm 3W 603-FMP300JT-73-10R
221ohm 71-RN55C-F-221/R
270ohm 3W 594-5093NW270R0J
475ohm 71-RN55D4750F/R
1K 71-RN55D-F-1.0K
7.5K 71-RN55C7501F/R
33.2K 71-RN55D-F-33.2K
332K 71-RN55D-F-332K

10K trimmer 652-3386F-1-103LF

10uF 647-UFG1K100MEM
1000uF 647-UKW1E102MPD

9.1v Zener 512-1N4739A

Remember that R1 and the transistors are included with the PCB

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

@Rewind,
nope! Please if you post some links, are shure that is what some one is showing! Vunce asked for "that"!

@Vunce,
a friend of mine made this.

Okay, tell us about "that" then. :) I already ordered a sigma11, but maybe it can be upgraded.

I'm building up a store version PCB, here's the part numbers (Mouser) I'm using if anybody is interested -

Yes, I am. I was just about to order parts, thanks a lot. I went for russian PIO caps for the 10uf caps.

Last edited:
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I am using four of the Sigma11 in a DIY Naim dual HiCap to power my NAC 82 preamp. I started with just a pair to replace a factory Olive era HiCap, and the improvement over the Naim implementation was very worthwhile. Adding the second HiCap worth of regulators took the preamp to a whole new level.

Nice work TungstenAudio :)
Sweet power supply!

I love clean power ... sigma11 (clone) from amb.org with active rectifier. :D

@Rewind,
Why should i do that ... i‘m not asked! When you have a question please you are free to ask what you want to know (in other threads you show the same behaviour as here with your post).

Ok, I will ask. I have been looking for a good power supply that will not give off hydrogen gas in the livingroom, and I was intrigued by your power supply. Since you gave me the link I ordered a sigma11 from that link, and tried to help others by giving him/her that link to.

Now, would you kindly tell us more about your (friends) version of the sigma11?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for explaining!
But what you mean with hydro...... ? That goes in the wrong direction so i‘m out at this point, we had here no chemical process, it was a „joke“ from Soundhappy to try other PS.
Again what you want to know? It is the original design from AMB plus an active Receiver, not more / less. Please study the datasheet or make a direct question.

What value of attenuator (volume pot) is ideal for this board? I read somewhere in the thread of people using 100K, so is that the right one or 10K or 50k? How much current the board draws to calculate my CCS on the Salas Ultra BiB 1.3 version of the positive board to get the R1 value along with the trimmer to set the voltage of +24v.

thanks

Ok, thanks for explaining!
But what you mean with hydro...... ? That goes in the wrong direction so i‘m out at this point, we had here no chemical process, it was a „joke“ from Soundhappy to try other PS.
Again what you want to know? It is the original design from AMB plus an active Receiver, not more / less. Please study the datasheet or make a direct question.

The first thing I read about ideal diodes is that they don't exist(!). Good riddance.

are these traces correct?
it's look like a bit different with the schematic.

Attachments

• NuTube_PCBerror.jpg
    NuTube_PCBerror.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 900
For those considering the sigma11 power supply, I strongly encourage purchase through the AMB shop (click). This helps support AMB/Ti Kan and all he does. His designs, PCB quality and support are top-notch! See Ti's note on the sigma22 page for his sentiments on ebay clones. I have at least 10 sigmas in various projects and like them a lot.

BK

If you did, you would have to adjust the resistors that depend on the 9
volts to higher values.

Thank you Nelson, I will stick to the 9.1V Zener then as I do not want to fiddle with the resistor values. The only reason being that the 9.1V Zener is available in India only on RS Delivers and they seem to sell only in the lot of 100 :( and no other site other than Mouser India or element14 has those but they all charge a hefty shipping.

Coming to the capacitors does 80v recommended ones or can I go lower like 1000uf 25v or 10uf 50v of Nichicon Muse which are available easily here rather than the higher voltage ones.

thanks

One quick question: How sensitive is the 10k pot with respect the adjustment needed. I found the 5k pot on the ACA workable but excessively touchy when trying to trim the voltage by small amounts. I used 8 turn pots after the first boards and was more relaxed thereafter. Any thoughts are most welcome!

Skip

It's a 24v supply so the capacitors will never see more than 24v.

25v rated will work perfectly.

Thanks Jim, as can procure 1000uf 25v Nichicon FW series and 10uf 50v Nichicon Muse here in India easily. Will go with that but the 25v is the one which is sitting on the edge even though the power supply is 24v max rated. Let me see if I can procure slightly higher voltage just to be satisfy myself :)

10ohm 3W 603-FMP300JT-73-10R
221ohm 71-RN55C-F-221/R
270ohm 3W 594-5093NW270R0J
475ohm 71-RN55D4750F/R
1K 71-RN55D-F-1.0K
7.5K 71-RN55C7501F/R
33.2K 71-RN55D-F-33.2K
332K 71-RN55D-F-332K

10K trimmer 652-3386F-1-103LF

10uF 647-UFG1K100MEM
1000uF 647-UKW1E102MPD

9.1v Zener 512-1N4739A

Remember that R1 and the transistors are included with the PCB

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

6L6,

Thanks for providing this Mouser BOM. I placed my order for the B1 and Korg Nutube kit this weekend, and I plan to build this over the remaining Winter weather season here in Minnesota. I’m looking forward to compare this to my Audio Research LS7 6922/6DJ8 vacuum tube line stage preamp driving my Pass DIY Sony VFET amp.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Skip Pack - using a multi-turn pot is totally fine if you'd like.

Manniraj - I wouldn't worry about it, they have surge ratings to about 34v if memory serves, but if you'd like to use a higher rating, it certainly will not hurt. :)

Rhing - that's not complete, you'll still need a volume pot, any switching you'd like and a chassis, obviously, but it should get you started.