B1 with Korg Triode

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Man... I just had some time to read the thread and see what I've missed... If someone decide they don't want this Toshiba board, let me know :) (I know that it is pretty much impossible, but...) Happy building everyone and big big thanks to Nelson!

P.S. There are two articles about H2 and SIT-3 in most recent stereophile. Always nice to read about Papa :)

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Feb 2019
IMG_0196.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

USA folks, see group update email #4 from yesterday. Packages without NuTubes will ship tomorrow. Packages with NuTubes will ship sometime next week. Undeclared will hold until the NuTube deadline passes - if you are undeclared and want me to ship now please email or PM as such. Updated tracking sheet is always here: click me.

BK

Hi Puggie,

Any news about NuTubes' price?

Cheers,
xbitwise

Would be cheaper than posting seperately still though... But a ball ache if the process is half done already.

Will get a price on a box of tubes on Monday as with 51pcbs, I'm sure the euro contingent could get through most of them, I know two friends (guitar amp and analogy synth designer) who would have a few each to make up numbers.

Will get a price and update early in the week.

Guys,

Is there a post in this thread with the final schematic diagram and an up to date complete parts list / BOM that matches the NP design PCB's that are being delivered now. Looking at the PCB and the schematic Nelson has in post #1 of this thread - there seems to be some subtle differences.

As there are 122 of these PCB's / Jfets being generously sent out by Mr Pass, it would pay to get these updated here asap as members start their builds and sourcing / ordering components.

Jim - aka 6L6, I think I read in one of the many posts in this thread that you had offered to do a build guide - maybe you might have the correct and up to date details on this from Nelson already. Could you advise for all members sake if you are working on this or will be and when would you expect to get details updated here, or maybe in a new Korg Nu Tube B1 Build Guide thread, thanks.

Regards,

Gary..

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I don't have any info other than what's currently available.

I do, however, have Nelson's phone number and I'll hopefully be talking to him about this project in the next couple of days, although I'm super busy with work until next week.

That said, once I have the PCB in my hand I can start to help figure it all out.

As for advising a specific time when I'd expect to actually post details here? "When I get to it" is as good as I've ever promised, this being an all-volunteer organization... :D :D :D

Thanks for the very quick response Jim, much appreciated, I have also sent Nelson an email with the same questions a few days ago , but as yet I have not heard back from him apart from him asking for confirmation of our total and advising the shipping details to me for the Aus /NZ PCB's and Jfets.

Maybe if you talk to him when you get around to it, he can post the latest schematic that matches the PCB he has produced. I am sure that would also help reduce the number of questions that would be raised by many of the builders who are receiving these 122 PCB's worldwide.

You are doing a great job in providing these build guides and the ones I have used for the ACA and M2X were spot on and very helpful indeed.