B1 with Korg Triode

Yes sorry, I still need to pay... will do tomorrow.
If Nutube en PCB would be shipped together, maybe a padded envelope might not be enough... but with some tape and the Nutube stuck between a piece of cardboard and the PCB might work in the envelope.

No worries. Updated tracking spreadsheet: click here

Would be cheaper than posting seperately still though... But a ball ache if the process is half done already.

Yes, agree, it would be cheaper posting boards and nutubes together. Happy to do this. I would probably need to buy bigger envelopes. I think due to increased size it needs to be send as "small parcel", instead of "large letter", so it will be a bit more expensive.

Mr. Pass pcb boards have RCR filter and all adequate voltages for the plate and filaments.
Simply find SMPS power brick with 24V DC output ~ 1A and plug in with the B1Triode.
Mean Well or Triad brands is a good quality in separate plastic case. Greetings :)

New boards have a bit less capacitance, am I right? Not that I complain, just comparing the board with schematic :)

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's very doubtful that the NuTube could have any drive to be connected to anything instead of a buffer, it's 300K plate resistor makes it essentially incapable of passing any current into any kind of normal audio load.

The buffers that let the NuTube interact with the rest of the circuit are sonically invisible, don't worry too much. Anyway, the tube adds so much (very pleasant) color and love that making it directly coupled or trafo wouldn't make much difference in the big picture.

Would be cheaper than posting seperately still though... But a ball ache if the process is half done already.

Yes, agree, it would be cheaper posting boards and nutubes together. Happy to do this. I would probably need to buy bigger envelopes. I think due to increased size it needs to be send as "small parcel", instead of "large letter", so it will be a bit more expensive.
My plan if I was handling the distribution was to pay for any "unclaimed" NuTubes myself and keep them. :) Not sure if each of the 50 EU members wants one, but for now let's say I'd be interested in 10 pieces, pending Puggie's confirmation of the price. Thank you both!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
There's certainly a lot of leeway there. For example, in the lxmini article
Mr Pass recommended a specific Triad 24V 500mA wall wart, and the draw
there is 75mA.

Incidentally I just went on Digikey and all the universal input and 24V output parts
in stock start at 250mA and jump up to 500mA and I saw only minimal price
diff between them (within the same brand).