B1 with Korg Triode

Thank You Very Much Mr. Pass! Big Joy :cheerful:

Attachments

• 03DCCC1E-B11F-48A4-B587-9CB37F15866C.JPG
    03DCCC1E-B11F-48A4-B587-9CB37F15866C.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 859
Would be cheaper than posting seperately still though... But a ball ache if the process is half done already.

Will get a price on a box of tubes on Monday as with 51pcbs, I'm sure the euro contingent could get through most of them, I know two friends (guitar amp and analogy synth designer) who would have a few each to make up numbers.

Will get a price and update early in the week.

I am. I could post nutubes with the boards, but postage will be a bit higher. Most Europe participants have already paid the postage: click here

Yes sorry, I still need to pay... will do tomorrow.
If Nutube en PCB would be shipped together, maybe a padded envelope might not be enough... but with some tape and the Nutube stuck between a piece of cardboard and the PCB might work in the envelope.

Thank you :)

you asked for it, so here it is.

some values are left blank for you to calculate based on what you have.

nothing is critical, most values are just very common.
regarding caps observe voltage ratings and go higher if you can.
for 33.9VAC use min 50 Volt caps.
higher temp, 105 C instead of 85 C is preferred.

cap multiplier will give you a slow start avoiding speaker thumps.

regarding FETs, use what you have as long as it is powerful enough, min. requirement is IRF610 on a small heatsink, it has to sink some 6 volts at the required current.

the circuit is very flexible and can be adjusted to other uses accordingly.

everything can be assembled on a strip board.

one potential issue, and not only with this circuit, but with any circuit that employs transformers is the Primary AC voltage.
read dangerous.
take extra care and if not sure don't do it, ask for advice.

I use something similar, although SMPS fed instead of transformer to power my DIY Pearl I phono pre, from 48VDC down to 28VDC.
and all my other projects use the same Cx Mx circuit with minor changes.
works great all the time.