B1 with Korg Triode

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
compatibility wise - pretty much same as with B1 buffer driving (any of tried) AVC/TVC

so, underlying difference - regular pot goes in front of B1K
TVC/AVC going after

so, you must take care of B1K not being overdriven, simply because it's seeing full signal all the time

tube part is critical, not input nor output buffer

so, see article for B1K in situation of 2Vrms going in

Reactions: 1 user
The left and right channels input signal wires from the input RCA jacks are twisted together.
What I don't get is that this is the photo from the DIY build guide, it too shows input jacks twisted together.
View attachment 1136027
1674942909032.png

Long ago, I recommended the idea of floating the Nutube. This recommendation was based on my experience with it taped down (as originally instructed). So I finally bit the bullet and followed my own recommendation. Removing the foam tape was difficult and risky. However, it solved pretty much all microphonic problems. Floated is undoubtedly much better than taped.

Good afternoon all.

Just finished my first B1 Nutube build and was for the most part successful. I am a newbie with limited skills but was able to complete the build with few items that I am unable to correct. Following the build ran diagnostics on T1 through T8 and the are all values are within spec. 10K pots are set at 9.52V left channel and 9.54V right channel.

My first question has to do with channel imbalance. From a volume setting of zero, as I increase volume, the left channel produces sound before the right channel and plays noticeably loader. It's not terrible but noticeable. I have scoured the forum pages but have not found a clear cause for this problem. Any information would be much appreciated. Hope to hear from you all soon, for now I turning my attention to cleaning up the room I blew up during this build!

Thanks, Oliver2112