B1 with Korg Triode

I tried turning my B1K off while my ACA was still live and I didn't hear a thump. Certainly nothing like the klang the ACA makes when it's turned off.

Very interesting, I wonder if that is typical. Is your Korg the basic unit or have you made modifications? If you are willing, will you try turning the Korg on after the amp is on to see what it's like at turn-on?

Hi everyone - I have a quick question on some spare parts for the B1 with Korg triode kit. I bought the whole kit form DIYAUDIOSTORE and I am finishing it up. I hope to test it out and post some pictures soon.

I also previously built a PASSDiy B1 and built it in an old chassis that I had. I liked the chassis from the Korg kit enough to buy another one to transplant the B1 into, but I didn't buy the completion kit. The completion kit is $99.00 - which seems fair enough but I only need the knob to match the chassis. Does anyone know where I could source an identical knob? I asked the DIYAUDIOSTORE for individual parts but they get the completion kits as a batch and couldn't give me any info on individual parts.

Thanks in advance for any pointers you might have.

bmdduck

Hi-
I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this volume knob:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FTLW1D2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Very interesting, I wonder if that is typical. Is your Korg the basic unit or have you made modifications? If you are willing, will you try turning the Korg on after the amp is on to see what it's like at turn-on?

My B1K is per the build guide and parts kit. This evening I turned on the ACA first and sure enough there was a tiny little thump. Barely noticeable. Nothing like the off-thump of the ACA itself.

My B1K is per the build guide and parts kit. This evening I turned on the ACA first and sure enough there was a tiny little thump. Barely noticeable. Nothing like the off-thump of the ACA itself.

there is a subsonic, probably around 1 hz, "thump". this is likely to be filtered by most amps that are not DC coupled. My speakers move the full excursion range if I turn the power amp on first.

In my system as soon as the voltage hits around 12-14V, but I have Krell size power supply on the B1K powered by a UBiB which means it takes 10-20 seconds to come up to full 24v.

Previously when I just used the walwart, it is pretty much instant, and thinking about it, it is not a 1hz, but something much sharper, a proper thump. same when powering off.

It seems that the muting relay is intended to handle issues caused by the Muses chip itself and a very brief delay is adequate. From what I was told by Academy Audio, I got the sense that the muting output delay time is generated by a management chip that could be reprogrammed for a somewhat longer delay if that made sense. For myself, I would prefer 3~4 seconds.

Academy Audio document: According to the MUSES®72320 volume control chip datasheet, the chip is sensitive to the audio signal applied to the inputs before the power is supplied. In this case a distorted audio may be fed through the chip to the outputs. Some power-up pops and clicks are also possible. Therefore, using a muting relay is highly recommended.

Respect to the gentlemen!
I have built this great structure, I am completely satisfied with it working super. His voice is phenomenal. My question to the Master is, is there a Riaa planned with this tube? Or maybe it already exists?
Thank you for the opportunity to have an amateur get rich with such a device !!
Sincerely!

I'm still struggling with my KB1. Tweeter and mid make noise/hiss. My hearing isn't 100% so I can only hear it with my ear in front of the speakers. My wife (she can hear 110%) can hear it from the listening position. She has to concentrate to hear is there. Could this be caused by long interconnects? (5 meter no name interconnect between KB1 and Holton NXV500r2 poweramp.)