B1 with Korg Triode

avdesignguru
soundhappy
6l6
Papa!
and all of you. This has been a tough year. But this year allowed me to finish myB1 and F6 amps. I am grateful for your genegrousity. I wish that the whole world can respect diverse opionons and learn to accept and agree upon meaningful solutation to our challenges. That's how I was able to finish my projects...team work!
Thanks and have youself a wonderful holiday season

@ Yaho

:xmastree: Thanks for kind words. All glory and thanks again to Mr.Pass and 6L6 for excellent work and efforts on this B1 Korg DIY kit.
:cheerful::xmasman: Happy Holiday Season Merry Christmas :Present: :santa::xmastree::snowman:

Hello, Soundhappy,

So, to make sure I understand, the Uf=804mV reading I got for this 9.1V zener diode by itself isn't a problem. Correct? And if I get 24V in the PSU filtering section then all is well? Do I have this right?

OK, I can see now the 475Rs matter a lot. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll check the weird one again and if it's still way off I'll definitely have to try some others.

Merci

james1024:

Same as I got at first, playing for some time then the ( 5k ringing ) start.
First low then more and more, adjusting volume, same db ringing.

Got help from forum, must have a sealed box for it, and it helped me.
Even my box is not 100% sealed yet.

But for some strange reason when I adjusted the B1K to 9.5 v (positive 2N ), no problem. But when reversed the speakercabels to get 2N negative apsolute phase then it rings again. So now I run it at 11.5 v. Maby some vibration hit the nutube as my box is not 100% finish.

Anyway you need a good house for the nutube ( :

Frank

Last edited:
Thanks, Mr. Pass,

Dang, finding a bad Vishay resistor before Nelson Pass found one was this close to going on my resume. (And for the record, I was barely trying.) Such is life, I suppose....

Seriously, though, thanks for your kind offer and your advice.

Thanks as well to 6L6 for his quick response.

Regarding Pass designs, I think the M2(X) or F6 would do well into the 5 ohm load of your speakers. I've built both and prefer the sound of the M2. The Aleph J is another great sounding one, but the power output would be reduced into 5 ohms.

I received an email from DIYAudio today saying M2x boards are expected back in stock by February. So first the B1K, then an M2.