B1 with Korg Triode

Switch - search for;

DPDT, on-on, solder lug, panel mount.

I stand corrected. I used an ( on off switch ) for my Korg just like the one at the back of the ACA 1.6.

But I have three DPDT bought recently from eBay.

Attachments

• B10B7162-0AD3-4B1F-B173-1E83EB33A60E.jpg
    B10B7162-0AD3-4B1F-B173-1E83EB33A60E.jpg
    528.6 KB · Views: 671
Reduction of output level on the preamp .

I have understood that you do not want to change the gain of the preamp as it will definitely change the sound quality which has been carefully designed by Nelson Pass .

However he suggested that I can may be reduce the output level using resistors .

Since I have no idea of how to implement that , does some knowledgeable forum member could help ?

Reduction of output level on the preamp .

I have understood that you do not want to change the gain of the preamp as it will definitely change the sound quality which has been carefully designed by Nelson Pass .

However he suggested that I can may be reduce the output level using resistors .

Since I have no idea of how to implement that , does some knowledgeable forum member could help ?

Check out this link:

Pre-Attenuation

Tips on how to get more usable range out of your volume control.

Yep ..takman red carbon works super for me. If possible match it within 1%

Can also try cardas cu litz .it works great for this preamp . If u like glow and bloom

Actually I think with metal.film it won't be issue ..just turn the dial to flavour..it can soften the treble and provide warmth

Last edited:
Anyway ...we had fun with b1 Korg
Compared with Denon old school .complicated jfet design about 50jfets which sounds legendary . B1k no issue of doing just as good . Actually b1k is better.

Compared with papa old adcom preamp. Also no problem. Actually more similarity.

The thing is we can turn trimpot to match the sound . Extremely fun. But friend say blah blah why no use Toshiba ..I say papa and wiz assistant say almost same they no believe . Furthermore cheap and have fun .So just shrug

So ....morale of story ..simple design do sounds great ! Papa Nelson is wise indeed. I'm schooled

For my case some is depending on very low Q Duelund speakers. And total control from the high feedback power amp. Also no resonances from the room. Now the Korg/Aleph 1.7 and the rest off the setup fit perfect together.

I believe u ...sometimes it sounds almost the same at some system ..but can sound mediocre and show differences with very quiet and transparent gear or different amplifier or speaker even ..

No sweat . I experienced it many times sound great at one venue and sounds mediocre at some other place . Just do whatever we need to do .

I always prefer carbon and leaded solder ..forgiving and nice tone so ....it's clearly just a choice . And my friend actually did a b1+jfet boz with metal films ..it actually is equally nice with the carbon b1 Korg at that venue ..too lazy to figure why lol

Ordered Nutube,JFet and PCB is time, Going to reuse old projectsleftover like tentlabs remote 64 steps volume control and selector and TPA shunt PSU, the case left after disassembled a dual mono headphone amplifier.

Hopefully this one will be Neat and high quality combo with minimal extra cost with what I have right now, any suggestions and advise?

Volume control

77505F59-ACA2-47B2-9632-2166198DF369.jpeg
5DB4018E-94FB-4F7B-8D0C-B8A0FCFE7186.jpeg

Last edited: