B1 with Korg Triode

20200312_134236.jpg

Money better spend on interstage.. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Natoriously long burn in.. It could take years.. Just keep unit on 24x7. I personally would just use silmic..

Never series a resistor... Never.. It will sound dead!
Armstrans is one of the lesser bright ones. But bass is soso.. A bit dull sounding.. Try carbon composite.. Bass is heaps bettee

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200312-162505_Chrome.jpg

Use whatever brand papa use.. Solder it at right temp.

Less bright.. More bass. It's dull at first.. Wait for it to open up.

It's night and day.. With different solder.. Even same content different brand. And diff temp.. Pass diy did not spec this... But I know this is brand..a little story.. Was repairing pass amp... Nomatter what we did bass is gone until.... Lolol.mark levinson.. Same thing .

Steve Guttenberg John darko all say it's special and good. And friend who made did not complain about lack of bass or too bright. He also use some takman carbon..

Mofo with korg b1
YouTube

Last edited:
Getting worried about you AnthonyA !!! :rofl:

,,,and as for ZM, he can certainly bite Mr Pass...after all ZM is known to be Omnipotent and Universally present and all that stuff......anyway he had his ideal opportunity during his (corporeal) visit. You see the truth is that he (ZM) is also a Mr Nice Guy...always helping lame ducks and advancing the DIY disease.

:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just finished listening of Pa's Podcast - Nelson Pass Of Pass Labs | The Occasional Podcast | Part-Time Audiophile

I really enjoyed ......

that reminds me - in one moment , when I was on SR few months ago , I had an idea of doing something similar ....... but - when Pa and ZM are combined , Zen is so high , so there is no need for too much speaking , let alone recording

:)

besides - it seems that Pa is having notch filter right exactly on dominant freq. of my voice , so he's not hearing 75% of things I'm saying (funny , same filter applied on e-mail correspondence ........ need to think about phenomena little more )

:rofl:

Wohooo listen to the whole thing thanks Z. Nolstagic too

I had tons of. Choice during 90s..
But I picked adcom 555a. Then threshold sa 150. I just like them best. First amps with my own money.

I had no idea who made these. Just love them to death till it blew one by one.. And I didn't know how to repair them.. And the carcus got lost when I moved.

Oh well good thing I know how to make my own now thanks to this diy community. Papa Is right.. It's a happy hobby even it's not first class audio it makes people happy