B1 with Korg Triode

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I’m out of town for a few more days but will have photos of the chassis and chassis wiring shortly after I return. The chassis looks fantastic, and it’s going to be the perfect project for a whole bunch of people. I’m really looking forward to seeing the completions. :yes:

As for PCB/jfets, those come from Nelson himself, then last time we talked a couple days ago he had more of the boards on order.

Last edited:
The completion kits and chassis are now available for sale.

• Chassis: There are plenty and anyone is welcome to grab one
https://diyaudiostore.com/products/korg-nutube-b1
Jason, were these Chassis shipped before the Italian holiday or are they shipping product again now? I hope they've wandered back to work so I can get my 4U I ordered weeks ago to complete my F5 project. The B1K needs an F5 behind it!

The completion kits and chassis are now available for sale.

• Chassis: There are plenty and anyone is welcome to grab one
  • Completion Kits: If you buy one, thanks for being part of the first wave and please do try to get your feedback in within 2 weeks
Korg Nutube B1 – diyAudio Store

Just placed my order for the chassis and completion kit since I already have the board, JFETs and NuTube triode. Eventually, Any possibility of getting a natural anodized Aluminum faceplate to match my Pass DIY Sony VFET stereo amp and Audio Research gear?

Per the instructions... one needs to have the PCB and JFETs and Nutube in hand to get in on the pre-sale pre-build experiment test. PCB/JFETs are out of stock (and have been for weeks) because they require some direct involvement from the man ;-). When they are back in stock, I'll buy a couple of sets—if permitted. I was just seeing if anyone had a set around that they wanted to sell ad-hoc privately so I could participate in the fun...as the "new builder" part of the equation.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It's not exactly a B4, but it gets close.

Attachments

• biamp xvr.jpg
    biamp xvr.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,019
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
What are the interior dimensions of the B1/Korg enclosure?
Thanks

This batch is a Galaxy 247 full aluminum chassis. Internal dimensions are 40x210x170mm

Sold out already?

Tthere are still plenty. Right now the only place to find out about it is this thread and the only place to find it is the link I posted just before, not via the store home page:

Korg Nutube B1 – diyAudio Store

This is an experiment in doing things differently this time around with a bit less stress. We're intentionally keeping the brakes on until we get enough positive feedback. Sales are trickling in slowly and surely and this will give us a steady stream of feedback. I imagine there will still be plenty left when the next batch of PCBs arrives

Hi 6L6,

What Hifi2000 enclosure is the B1/Korg based on? I’d like to get the exact dimensions for confirmation of fitment with optional capacitors. It looks like a 1U height which does not give much room :(

Thanks

Correct, it's a 1U.

Last edited: