B1 builders thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yeah, I was thinking about that pot after I posted that... Oops. Oh well, reversing the leads is easy!

Hook up the good channel's inputs to the other channel of the board. If it is still dead, it might be board, if it works it's probably switch or connection.

Oh, separate both input channel's grounds. The last photo showed only one ground for all.

My post (basnkeys) #240.
As for channel down I would double check the selector wiring... make sure you're not shorting somewhere.
This is a good time to think of using 9volt batteries as a power supply. If there is nothing shorting this buffer will operate for hours on a pair of them but only for minutes if there is a short somewhere... an easy, passive check. It would give you a definite direction.

Get this .... checked all resistor values and their correct .... Continuity test on selectors proves good .... reversed the leads on the Pot and the same channel has sound ..... WTF

Input 1 has good sound ,but one channel only , Input 2 0 , Turn the selector to 3 ... nothing out of the good side ,but very out put on the channel that is silent when Input 1 is selected

:drink: this could drive me back drink !

I get sound out of 1 channel only ....

I have no switch , just the Pot and selector . Input is R2 and L2 , I have jumpers from R1 and L1 to centre and nothing connected to R2 and L2 ...

Take signal from Bryston output into B1 input ? Do I just disconnect both the Pot and selector or just the pot ?

Thanks Guys ... I'll check in the morning .

Rich

Joined 2009
Paid Member

I have no switch , just the Pot and selector . Input is R2 and L2 , I have jumpers from R1 and L1 to centre and nothing connected to R2 and L2 ...

Take signal from Bryston output into B1 input ? Do I just disconnect both the Pot and selector or just the pot ?

Rich

Hi Rich;

Surely if you are using R2 & L2 inputs you should link the same numbered pads to the centre set of pads or bypass the pcb tracks and connect the wires from the selector switch directly to the centre set of solder pads on the board.

okay then bypass the selctor

Rich

Changed the jumpers around and nothing , not even a hum ....

You guys must get more frustrated than me :(

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    485.8 KB · Views: 521
Ok, I have bypassed selector leaving the pot connected and still the same problem . Next I'll bypass the pot with the selector back in the circuit . Can I bypass the pot by disconnecting it completely from the board , ccw , w and cw . I will run the input signal from other pre when doing this ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.