• 20170825_155955.jpg
    20170825_155955.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dear friends,

Finally we're getting there! This week will be busy as I am receiving the last PCBs and will have do do a lot of packing etc.
I expect to ship next week.

I also arranged for someone here in Netherlands to assemble and calibrate units if anyone wants that. I will have the cost for that later after he assembles the first test case and I go with him through the cal procedure. This will be strictly between you and him without any (financial) involvement from me; I will just mail your unit to him and he takes it from there. I will give tech support of course when necessary.

So now it is time for you to send me your details, and I can send you the payment details.

The list below are the members that have signed up, and I need you to send me:

Your name
Shipping address including phone number
email address (but I will have that anyway if you mail me)

Please email the info to me jandidden01 at gmail dot com .

I have another list I got through PM and if you are one of those you will get a direct email from me. Between the two lists pretty much all units are spoken for, just a few left.

So, let's get this show on the road!

Jan

ergo
hochopeper
CeeVee
FdW
Michael Rothacher
Mark Johnson
modmix
anatech
bk856er
DualTriode
gtose
jcga
vacuphile
chamberman
soongsc
deanoUK
al2002
_jan_
OlegSh
PH104
Kim Bay Smidt
Zigi
duster1
Oyvind
Robertlars

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Finally!

After spending a few days programming the controllers and packing the units, they are ready to be shipped from Germany starting next Monday.

So now for the gory details:
I can provide the 'half kit' as described on the website from me.
But, as some have asked for, you can also get a complete build, tested and calibrated unit from Ward Maas at Pilgham Audio at wma@pilghamaudio.com
Ward was at my place a few days ago and has picked up half a dozen units so he too is ready to go.

Pricing: when you get the half kit please pay (the equivalent of) € 208 + shipping.
Shipping: Germany: € 7; European Union: € 17,90; Europe outside EU and Rest of the World: € 19,90.

If you want a completely build, tested and calibrated unit, you have to get the half-kit from me but you won't pay shipping. I will forward your kit to Pilgham, and they will charge shipping at cost later.
Assembly, testing and calibration will be € 224 which you will need to pay to Pilgham but this includes all parts on the User BOM.

If you have expressed interest, you should have received an email with substantially the same content, with payment details and with the complete data package with BOM, layouts, test- and calibration guide, user guide etc attached, but you can also download it at The L|A Autoranger | Linear Audio NL.

Thanks for your patience and helpful comments - these things always take more time than you think, but it turned out a nice unit and I am sure you'll appreciate it!

Jan

Last edited:
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
My Mouser account says € 112 incl shipping, so about half of the 'build' extra. Doesn't Mouser ship free above € 60 or so?

And of course, there is an error in the BOM. For the combined balanced input TRS/XLR connector J7 the BOM lists Mouser partnum 568-NCJ6FA-H which has the locking lever on the front. But that does not fit the box. You can take the lever off but then you can't remove the connector anymore...

The correct one is 568-NCJ6FA-H-0 without the locking level but with an internal clamping mechanism.

I will send out a corrected BOM shortly. Apologies.

Jan