Aurum Cantus G1 Ribbon vs Faital Pro HF108

Hi guys
I'm working on a three way and I'm gonna use a tweeter +2.5khz over an 8" midrange. I have to candidates for tweeter but I'm in maze so I want to hear your ideas please. the overall sensitivity of speaker will be around 96db. cost is no object

option#1: Faital Pro HF108 compression driver

HF108_response_8.gif

HF108_photo_magnify.jpg

option#2: Aurum Cantus G1 Ribbon

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you really, really, really plan to use a 2.5Khz crossover with a 96db/W 8" midrange, then:

Ribbon = exceptional detail + excellent dynamics + wide horizontal polar pattern at the crossover frequency.
Compression Driver = exceptional dynamics + excellent details + controlled polar pattern at the crossover frequency.

1) For "delicate cone" fullrange, you can time-align the ribbon to the 8" by using a deep cut into the baffle(double baffle) large enough for a loose beveled felt " absorpton waveguide" glued to the ribbon faceplate. If you angle cut a felt block around the ribbon, it can absorb and also shape the exit sound closer to the beaming pattern of the 8" at the crossover frequency.

2) if you want a smooth continuous controlled directivity pattern you will need a horn/waveguide with about 60h*40v control and a 0.75" compression driver which provides great detail up to 20Khz. like ME7 from BC speakers
-------
BAIL-OUT IDEA: The new SATORI TW29RN dome tweeter has 96db sensitivity.

If you really, really, really plan to use a 2.5Khz crossover with a 96db/W 8" midrange, then:

Ribbon = exceptional detail + excellent dynamics + wide horizontal polar pattern at the crossover frequency.
Compression Driver = exceptional dynamics + excellent details + controlled polar pattern at the crossover frequency.

1) For "delicate cone" fullrange, you can time-align the ribbon to the 8" by using a deep cut into the baffle(double baffle) large enough for a loose beveled felt " absorpton waveguide" glued to the ribbon faceplate. If you angle cut a felt block around the ribbon, it can absorb and also shape the exit sound closer to the beaming pattern of the 8" at the crossover frequency.

2) if you want a smooth continuous controlled directivity pattern you will need a horn/waveguide with about 60h*40v control and a 0.75" compression driver which provides great detail up to 20Khz. like ME7 from BC speakers
-------
BAIL-OUT IDEA: The new SATORI TW29RN dome tweeter has 96db sensitivity.

thanks
HF108 with STH100 horn seems better for controlled directivity.
does anyone know if Aurum Cantus G1 could be used as a dipole tweeter? I know some of AMT or Ribbons have symmetrical front and rear but I G1 doesn't look like this

thanks
HF108 with STH100 horn seems better for controlled directivity.
does anyone know if Aurum Cantus G1 could be used as a dipole tweeter? I know some of AMT or Ribbons have symmetrical front and rear but I G1 doesn't look like this

I'm answering my own question as I have my hands on G1 now. G1 is not symmetrical and could not be used and a dipole tweeter but it sounds damn good :eek: Oh dudes it's truly a hi-end ribbon I'm just amazed how good and detailed and musical and involving it sounds