• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gotcha,i finally get to use this case:D hmm marble

cheers

Attachments

• 000_0026.jpg
    000_0026.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,392
ok i should have looked it over before powering it up, lets just say if i where to put the ssm2210 pnp, backwards on the pcb would that kill it?. i unsoldered it and turned it around no change
speakers look like there ready to launch, not good:whazzat:

my guese is the two ssm2210 ics are toast.;)

im a meathead:D

I noticed that buffer is not required on the source with TVC as line stage.

However, it works very well with resistive attenuators. My preferred combination would be the buffer directly on source's output (especially with NOS DAC) and attenuator directly at amp's input (no additional line stage required). I was using such setup for some time with great results.

too much heat too long

Hi Peter,

I have had your premium kit 3875 up for about a month now using SMPS to power them. I do like the way they sound but they run really hot at 24V, therefore i run them at 12v, to avoid any mishaps.

I was wondering if this heat is due to the difference in amps between my 24v smps and 12v smps. I am using two 12v 5amps and one 24v smps 4.5amps to create the 24V-+. Could this be the issue?

I try to keep voltage on the rails as close as possible using a multimeter. Should i get another 24V 4.5amp smps to have more equilibrium?

Thanks
Chuck.

PS i orders some blackgates N100s and have been rolling various capacitors to an interesting extent!

Hi Peter,

I just ordered an Premium Kit from you. Can you ship it as a personal package in order to skip customs duties?
Is there a significant advantage in using Black Gates over the stock Panasonic caps? Is it worth the cost? And monoblocks, dual-mono or stereo: what's your opinion?

I'll be asking a lot of questions when the kit arrives, since this is my first Diy project.

Paulo

Peter Daniel said:
The Integrated amp chassis is back in stock.

There are few front panels without openings for the knobs, so they can be used for any application, not neccessarily Int amp; same for rear panels: I have at least 20 pcs with AC module opening only, so the chassis can be implemented as preamp enclosure only, or power amp only.

This time it's made even better, as top and bottom panels are 0.25 thick, and all panels are machined from plates, not extrusions.

The price is $250/set. There are few sets that have some minor imperfections, those may be available at discounted price.

All accesories (knobs, wooden sides, shaft extenders, feet etc.) are also available.

Can i get a discounted one ?

paulomartires said:
I just ordered an Premium Kit from you. Can you ship it as a personal package in order to skip customs duties?
Is there a significant advantage in using Black Gates over the stock Panasonic caps? Is it worth the cost? And monoblocks, dual-mono or stereo: what's your opinion?

I always declare the kits as "samples", NCV (no commercial value).

The BGs will add more refinement, but Panasonics are good caps as well. Some may actually prefer them, due to more relaxed sound.

I would go with monoblocks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.