• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio SMPS units for sale

These were just suggestions.
Give visitors of your website reasons to buy and thus describe the products.
First impression counts; if that ain´t good, chances are they not gonna come back.
They look kinda good and strong but what else? Are they reliable, how big are they, what´s their output anyway, is it adjustable, LLC/?, Uripple, fswitch, etc.?

Will adjust as per your request.

But for reliability, I don't know if they are reliable.

But what I know that there is a decent number of units running for 4 years 24/7 without any single issue.

Besides the 24/7 technical support

Thank you

SMPS 630-G

Sami,
Here its the final outcome. Runs cool, lost 12+ lbs of weight and Sounds Great, just like the 1st one. Now have DH200 Monoblocks.
As far as reliability goes, i also have 2 SMPS from crescent running for 2+ years now, no issues. Also Sami has Always Answered all my questions & given Fantastic support when i was being stupid well into his morning until he figured everything out.Could not ask for better!

Rick G.

Attachments

• IMG_0544-1.jpeg
    IMG_0544-1.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 589
These were just suggestions.
Give visitors of your website reasons to buy and thus describe the products.
First impression counts; if that ain´t good, chances are they not gonna come back.
They look kinda good and strong but what else? Are they reliable, how big are they, what´s their output anyway, is it adjustable, LLC/?, Uripple, fswitch, etc.?

There's a number of things I look for in an SMPS:
* Does it have active power factor correction?
* Does it current limit/inrush current limit? If not what is the inrush current?
* Is it fully isolated? If so to what voltages? (ie Kilovolts?) for lightning etc
* what is the PCB made from? Is it FR4, is it two or four layer? If it's high voltage and low EMI does it use overlaid V+ and ground tracks? If so then composition of the PCB between the copper is important.
* What switching rate is it?
* Is it DCM or CCM?
* What voltage and current is it rated for? and at that voltage & current what is the peak-to-peak ripple? (knowing the measurement bandwidth would be useful). What's the input current at those rates?
* What is the efficiency % over the operating current range?
* what power interference standards does it comply to?

I suspect that quite a few of these would be valuable to customers looking and comparing. I tend to agree that unfortunately the customer that buying an SMPS is a customer that is technical in mind and looking specifically for certain information that has very empirical (ie 0.01% vs 0.1% rather than 'it's better').

Last edited:
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Hello,

What SMPS would you recommend for the SKA GB150D CLASS-AB MOSFET AMPLIFIER?

Specs,

----

Specifications
Recommended Supply Voltage: ± 35V to ± 50V DC
Output power (± 50V regulated, < 1% THD): 150W at 4Ω or 8Ω
Voltage gain: 28
Input sensitivity: 1V RMS for 100W at 8Ω
Input impedance: 27K Ω || 330pf
Load impedance: 4 ohms or 8 ohms
Idle Dissipation: ~11W at ± 50V DC
THD 1kHz, 8 ohms load: 0.025% (100W), ~0.01XXX% Typical
PCB Size: 2.2" x 5.9"
Overcurrent /short protection: Fuse only
Over/under voltage protection: No
Overheat / temp protect: No
Speaker Protect: No

----

The SMPS630-G in ±44 volts?

Is the SMPS630-G a LLC switching power supply?

What is the availability of the SMPS630-G right now?

Thank you,

David.

Hello,

What SMPS would you recommend for the SKA GB150D CLASS-AB MOSFET AMPLIFIER?

Specs,

----

Specifications
Recommended Supply Voltage: ± 35V to ± 50V DC
Output power (± 50V regulated, < 1% THD): 150W at 4Ω or 8Ω
Voltage gain: 28
Input sensitivity: 1V RMS for 100W at 8Ω
Input impedance: 27K Ω || 330pf
Load impedance: 4 ohms or 8 ohms
Idle Dissipation: ~11W at ± 50V DC
THD 1kHz, 8 ohms load: 0.025% (100W), ~0.01XXX% Typical
PCB Size: 2.2" x 5.9"
Overcurrent /short protection: Fuse only
Over/under voltage protection: No
Overheat / temp protect: No
Speaker Protect: No

----

The SMPS630-G in ±44 volts?

Is the SMPS630-G a LLC switching power supply?

What is the availability of the SMPS630-G right now?

Thank you,

David.

Yes

SMPS630-G @ +-44V is perfect. It a half bridge smps unregulated.

It's available and can ship in 14 days

Thanks

I have used Sami's SMPS for a year, and they are super reliable!

Since then, I have bought a total of 6 SMPS from him, now most of my power amps are converted to SMPS, they are my M2x, F6, J2, USSA5, and V4H. I ran without any fan, as I hate those fan noise especially late at night.

The USSA5 is my workhorse, it sings every day for a year without any incidents. F6 ran @1.7A bias! (Tungsten Audio recommended 1.8A, but it's too much for my current heatsinks capacity. M2x ran without any Mumetal cover, Edcor is naked, yet zero hum at the speakers. J2 got the cleanest REW results of all my amps.

Line frequency 50Hz, you only get to see them in REW, no hum in the speakers, as they are about -90db, some even exceed -100db!

I used to spend hours or days troubleshooting ground loop humming, lost quite a few hairs! Now they are just gone, I don't know why exactly, but I m happy!

These SMPSs love huge capacitance at the output rails, powered up without any hiccup every time, period!

It's a new world, try one for yourself, if you don't like it, can always go back to linear PS.

Sharing my joy.

Cheers!