• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio SMPS units for sale

EDIT: YES! Happy Happy!

I could feed the required DC directly from lithium battery packs at the higher power rail voltage, then use DCDC buck conversion for the auxiliaries.

Being a noob on the electronics-components side, am afraid with that approach, I might let out magic smoke somewhere, expensive experiments.

Ideally I could find someone to pay, either to just do it for me, or remote advise/mentor me step by step.

Another option would be figuring out the Hypex Fusion plate amps fed by DC, e.g. FA122 in BTL mode

bit more expensive but get the DSP for room (car trailer boat shack) correction.

Last edited:
SMPS630-SO

SMPS630-SO, the single output version for TPA3255.

Attachments

• 20200827_173421.jpg
    20200827_173421.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 590
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Nice results Do ;)
Good to hear you were able to get a silent background with these supplies.

Hi Sami,
Are these new psu’s able to be put in “Standby” mode with the connection of a
switch?
What would your highest recommended steady current draw be? (Class A amplifier for example).

Thanks

Hi Do,

Great as ever :)

I haven't built an amplifier since 3 decades, so to avoid doing silly things while going for the best options, I decided to be a follower on FSSA-2. I have most parts bare what is peripherical (casing/heatsinks, PS, switches...) ready in hope to see / copy best options, but sadly it appears most others might also have made the choice of being followers, argh!

Hence 2 questions to you, as you have the experience:
1) Are you going to compare this SMPS vs good linear CRC, perhaps even with FSSA?
2) what is the final cost for these 2 SMPS?

SMPS is somewhat intimidating regarding reliability and possibility to fix it vs traditional and easier to deal with technology, but if it sounds really better and the built is competitive...

Many thanks Do

Claude

Nice results Do ;)
Good to hear you were able to get a silent background with these supplies.

Hi Sami,
Are these new psu’s able to be put in “Standby” mode with the connection of a
switch?
What would your highest recommended steady current draw be? (Class A amplifier for example).

Thanks

Yes, All of the new SMPS family can be put in "Standby" mode via a switch.

The Class-A SMPS500-CLA will work with up to 3A total 1.5A per rail, also can work with up to 120000uF extra capacitance at the output in total.

Thanks!

Good progress! I'm looking forward to seeing the data sheets for these supplies. Do you have a website set up? Google gives me a blank stare when I search for "Micro Audio SMPS" and "Micro Audio".

Just a note: The CE mark on your board is the "China Export" mark not the Conformitè Europëenne mark. You can see the differences here: How To Distinguish A Real CE Mark From A Fake Chinese Export Mark – Clever Compliance Support - Compliance system and CE marking information. If you want to export to the EU, you'll need the actual CE mark (and to meet the CE requirements), not the "China Export" mark. This probably doesn't matter greatly for DIY projects, but if you want to sell these more broadly, you'll want the actual CE mark.

Tom

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.08.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.08.36.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 323
Good progress! I'm looking forward to seeing the data sheets for these supplies. Do you have a website set up? Google gives me a blank stare when I search for "Micro Audio SMPS" and "Micro Audio".

Just a note: The CE mark on your board is the "China Export" mark not the Conformitè Europëenne mark. You can see the differences here: How To Distinguish A Real CE Mark From A Fake Chinese Export Mark – Clever Compliance Support - Compliance system and CE marking information. If you want to export to the EU, you'll need the actual CE mark (and to meet the CE requirements), not the "China Export" mark. This probably doesn't matter greatly for DIY projects, but if you want to sell these more broadly, you'll want the actual CE mark.

Tom

I dont have the website ready yet, also will not show up when you search the name on google.

For the CE marking, you are correct, it looks different from the original one, I have to fix that anyway.

Those SMPS units are NOT manufactured in CHINA, and none of them uses CHEAP Chinese components.

As you know you can self certify your products without third parties involved, especially since all my products meet and exceed the safety needed.

I also wonder how many other manufacturers out there who carry real CE certificates for their products especially when a single certificate will cost 8000$ ~ 10000$ for a single product.

I will be more than happy to send you the datasheet you are looking for any time.

Thanks

Last edited:
I dont have the website ready yet, also will not show up when you search the name on google.

If you're not on the internet, you don't exist... I understand that things take time, but setting up a simple WordPress site would take you a few hours and is free (aside from web hosting costs).

As you know you can self certify your products without third parties involved, especially since all my products meet and exceed the safety needed.

I know that. All I pointed out was that you're using the "China Export" mark and not the CE mark and that you'd probably want to fix that.

I also wonder how many other manufacturers out there who carry real CE certificates for their products especially when a single certificate will cost 8000$ ~ 10000$ for a single product.

I suspect the small guys like you and I self-certify (or ship without CE marks). The big guys who push large volumes probably pay for certification. I do know of one small manufacturer who has his products certified. He makes the argument that the cost of certification is less than the cost of being caught. I think that argument carries some validity.

I will be more than happy to send you the datasheet you are looking for any time.

I don't know which data sheets are available for request. Do you have a product list somewhere?

Tom