Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

If you want a DDC and DAC all-in-one solution, you can install a HdmiPiPro II or a TransportPi AES under the DAC PCB in the #94B configuration
So not possible to add the Pi to this stack?

As I understand from your website the 94B stack is best to add a Amenero board for my macbook usb in and a seperate Pi stack. Is a Pi + HDMIPi Pro II sufficient no other tweaks or add ons?

So in that case only a ifi power for the dac stack and 1 for the Pi stack would do power wise?

Thanks for the help.

Brian.

And shouldn’t i get a #6B instead of the #7A as output stage?

1703369270503.png

@iancanada - I'd like to add an HDMIpi to this stack to send I2S over HDMI to other DACs that will have their own fifo reclocker with high quality clocks. I have a spare Q3 and reclockpi. I believe HDMIpi PRO requires a fifo while HDMIpi does not. If the target DAC has good clocks already, is an HDMIpi PRO worth it or fine to go with HDMIpi? I may swap the Q3 + reclockpi to use here (with SDK clocks) and then the receiving DACs would use Q7 + SCpure and Andrea dac with drixos.

In other words, is HDMIpi PRO with Q3 and reclockpi better than HDMIpi with no fifo if receiving DACs are reclocking anyway with high quality fifo and clocks?

Separately, when feeding UCpure with AC directly, if set to 1.5A charging current is it okay to step down the transformer voltage to around 1.5A on the secondary or is it still best to keep at 3.5A?

I believe HDMIpi PRO requires a fifo while HDMIpi does not.
Yes

If the target DAC has good clocks already, is an HDMIpi PRO worth it or fine to go with HDMIpi?
HdmiPi is good, but HdmiPiPro is better. However, if your DAC can not disable the internal clock, then the improvement will be limited

is HDMIpi PRO with Q3 and reclockpi better than HDMIpi with no fifo if receiving DACs are reclocking anyway with high quality fifo and clocks?
It depends, However, if your DAC can not disable the internal clock, then the improvement will be limited. Normally, commercial DAC doesn't have clocks as good as SC-Pure.

if set to 1.5A charging current is it okay to step down the transformer voltage to around 1.5A on the secondary or is it still best to keep at 3.5A?
Yes, it will reduce the transformer current. 1.5A is OK as long as you don't mind the little bit longer re-charge time.

Ian

If last stage has a re-clocker such as a FifoPi with good clocks, thyroidally the input signal will no longer be matter. But real listening tests show that there still some kind of improvements with better input signals. It could because of the lower overall EMI noise. Same story also happens when you improve the power supply to the stage of input signals. Of course, you need to exclude the psychological factors.

I just redeemed my CC points for one of these

https://www.anycubic.com/products/kobra-2-pro

I'd like to collaborate with any of you who know how to design 3d objects. Send me a PM
Here's my first try... It's definitely useable the way it is but I didn't center the cavity right and the caps sit 4.5 mm higher than they should. I'm going to center it, change the square opening to a circle, then drop the caps so they're about 2mm under the top of the box. Then I'll design a bracket for the PSU board.

Attachments

• IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 89
Ian, what are the differences between HdmiPiPro and HdmiPiPro 2? I couldn't find a manual for the second version.
HdmiPi Pro II has a configurable I2S/DSD over HDMI format, so can drive all kinds of DACs even the Hdmi pin format is not compatible with PSAudio format (As HdmiPi Pro).
New User's manual will be released very soon.

HdmiPiProII

Reactions: 1 users