Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I couldn't have spent 460eur better...
Hello,
Did you use the foam for isolation the clocks while listening to music.
I remember a notorious Italian audiophile prescribing us how to protect his clocks from being influenced by surrounding vibrations.
Maybe French audiophiles will come up with ideas after all Audiophonics is a French company.
Greetings, eduard

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
After spending a fortune on clocks spending a little more to make things even better should not be neglected.
Probably because some boards are interconnected by the gpio connectors that stack should be considered as a whole.
The stack is not heavy nor big so it could be easy to '' design '' something.
When building a turntable isolation platform in the past the French always made the comparison to a scale used to weigh extremely light objects. It had to be extremely heavy in order to be able to work without error.
The '' suspended? " stack will be light maybe 2 kilogrammes and the springs/elastic elements should be connected to a mass much bigger than 2 kilogrammes?
With the right equipment things could be measured i presume.
I need to reread some of the French articles or maybe take a look at the mounting of cameras in drones. Maybe a clock is only sensitive to vibrations in a kind of narrow frequency range?
We will see or hear it soon.
Greetings, eduard

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
@fusion360guy

I bet you don't sleep that well tonight..LOL JK :ROFLMAO:..Hope you get the clocks tomorrow and it makes a good improvement! I'll wait for your feed back 🍿
Hello,
Of course it will be an improvement.
Ian has been telling us ''wait until you will hear these jewels''
After some time potential future users realize that the new clocks appear in their audio thoughts several times every day just like the latest Tesla on back order.
Their desire growing stronger when they know they are not the only one having this kind of longing, almost like a fix.
Suppose you could buy a legal drug that would give you the virtue to listen to music like musicians do. To many audiophiles just listen to sounds.
Greetings, eduard

The prototype of the DAC enclosure (bottom part). Red and white translucent because I am Canadian and the DAC is Canadian! And to see the glow of the lights through it.

IMG_8287.jpeg

Have to make a small adjustment in the window for MonitorPiPro. Then design the top part.

Reactions: 1 user
Hm, it's quite strange to me that someone just drops in brand new clocks and immediately finds much better SQ than with well run-in Crysteks/Accusilicons. Could it be possible that someone (or me) has got something wrong/different/damaged?

Anyway in my case, after just some 50 hours of SC-Pure 45MHz ticking, I still find my previous well run-in Accus better in highs, details, layering, depth, separation, reflections, reverbs, holographicity, etc.. But it is kinda expected after just two days - as with any conductor, I give it minimum of 150 hours/1 week before any judgement (and it might very well be even more for crystals), so let's see/hear later.

Just wanted to temper possible astronomical expectations right from the start and give hope to those still without the newest jewelry that it's possible to achieve stellar sound even with "ordinary" clocks via careful tweaking your existing setup ✌️

P.S. The only change in my setup is that I'm no longer using Teradak filtering board between FifoPi and TransportAES due to short cabling and different routing of the u.fl clock cable. Will cut longer cables from my latest Mundorf (white one on pic) and add the Teradak back to see/hear if that makes any significant change. Sometimes small details make a world of a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_165852.jpg
    IMG_20230920_165852.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: 1 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
If you will take a closer look at the green terminal or do a dissection you might get the idea to skip the terminal on one or if easy accessible on two interconnected boards.
So instead of the tiny pin of the connector being soldered to the board it will be the wire. Especially with a solid core wire that will be a piece of cake. The wire will be shorter as well because you dont need to end the connector on its side.
I don't think there is the need for a thick cable. I think the hole used for the connector soldering pin is something like one millimetre diameter.
Maybe the new clock owners could try getting hold of that famous xlo cd/ recording with burn in tones and all kind of weird tracks. Play it for a day or two on repeat 24 hours i do it " all the time " after big surgery.
Greetings,Eduard
P.s found the Lundahl problem solver i mentioned some days ago

Attachments

• 20200418_184915.jpeg
    20200418_184915.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 96