• IMG_0581.jpg
    IMG_0581.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 736
Hey...

Rese
I hope they can keep up with the great looks in terms of sound.
They do, and as i said before the size does that sound if "full" even at low volume :c_flag:

I had a few hour's on them today, and i am still thrilled that i can "walk" away from them and still enjoy fullblown music. - Size does matter, as far as i know one need some volume and cone size to move the air, nomatter what! this i belive cannot be manipulated. Okay with EQ/DSP we can do a lot (i will try it out sometime), but still we cannot trick the fysical law's, can we?

- Most problematic thing here is that not much weissbier is being consumed here (by me) at Covid-19 Denmark present time :(

Jesper.

Which dumping pads do you have exactly?
With the thick front you don't need anything extra, but it doesn't hurt either.

Thanks DaveCan. I wanted a loudspeaker that would still work well when placed close to the back wall without emphasizing the bass too much. This works much better with a closed speaker than with bass reflex. In addition, they also require less volume and the woofers, which are suitable for closed boxes, can be manufactured more cheaply. So this construction has some advantages if you don't just look at the -3dB frequency on paper.;)

Which dumping pads do you have exactly?
With the thick front you don't need anything extra, but it doesn't hurt either.

I'm using this.
Noico Black 80 mil (2 mm) 10 sqft (0.9 sqm) Sound deadening mat - Noico

I went ahead and doubled them up but only had enough for a single layer on the front baffle. About 4.5kg per cabinet. I glued the first layer using flooring adhesive and then 3M 77 spray adhesive to attach the second layer.

With sound deadening, each cabinet weighs about 30kg empty.

Both cabinets are now glued up. My remaining tasks:
- trim side panels flush
- sand/seal
- install denim insulation (after I learn how to effectively cut it. very difficult.)
- final crossover assembly
- install drivers

I need to figure out how I want to connect the woofer to the crossover board that I had planned to mount in the upper chamber.

Attachments

• glueup.jpg
    glueup.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 660
@ joe

yes of course you can attach it externally. With PP loads it's more difficult to figure out if you absolutely need a correction circuit. It will likely be slightly advantageous. Build it, hook it up, ifyou like it move it into the horn cabinet with the rest of the crossover if not recycle it. The correction circuit is mainly for SET or amps that really prefer 8+ ohms, but it all depends how your amp handles 4 ohms. This is basically a 4 ohm speaker, check the first couple of posts to see the graphs, and goes down to 3.something. Do you have 4 and 8 ohm taps on the amp?

Cheers

The impedance correction only works in the mid-range and above. Here the impedance fluctuates very strongly, which is not ideal with tubeamps.
With correction it looks like this:

Attachments

• Asathor Impedanzlinearisierung Impedance.jpg
    Asathor Impedanzlinearisierung Impedance.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 484
  • Asathor ohne Impedanzlinearisierung.jpg
    Asathor ohne Impedanzlinearisierung.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 454