Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller

I only now went about checking this. I don't think it's a problem anywhere in calibration, as static values are spot on. Problem is dynamic transition from step A to step B - volume drops for a fraction of a second, then quickly settles back right where it should be. Maybe culprit is switching from low current to high current mode (and vice versa)?

Hi Neb, yes you could be right. Maybe is Vincent check back in we could ask him? BTW I don't have that issue (but I don't doubt you do).

10k and 50 steps. If it is there it's not audible. Maybe you could diagnose further by connecting an oscilloscope to the sense resistors?

With music it can be unaudible sometimes, that is why it's better to check with white noise or some other signal with continuous volume.

I will try to debug this part:

if (goLowL) setLSH_Range(LOW);
else if (goHighL) setLSH_Range(HIGH);

if (goLowR) setRSH_Range(LOW);
else if (goHighR) setRSH_Range(HIGH);

If range change happens at the same time I hear a volume drop, then this must be it.

Did you change any other param from default?

Last edited:
It took me a while before it worked too.
So here are the files that worked for me :
View attachment 598826
delete everything you have now and put "adafruit, liquidcrystal and pinchange" to the documents library.
I work with win10 too; arduino version is 1.6.1.

Regards,
Ronny

Hi again again
Now I have been able to upload your sketch to my nano board after going through missing usb to serial conversion and remembering to change the com port accordingly:rolleyes:

But I cannot get the VxD_OLED_ADA_ASCII to compile , there seems to be missing a file called SSD1306Ascii.h (and probably also the SSD1306AsciiWire.h)in the libraries folder and as I have the OLED dispaly ZDR recommended I nee to use that sketch.
Where can I find that?

You can find everything here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B74euvw8ey5JOENmRXNYUEtySVE

I updated the code, in folders ending with _HOLD:

1) Keeping button pressed for more than 2s (configurable) enters setup menu
2) Short presses work like before, only it goes out of I/O menu instead of entering setup
3) There is now "back" button at the center of apple remote - you can set any two inputs with encoder and center button will switch between them endlessly (A/B switching). It will basically go back to the previously selected input.

I misplaced my OLED display so could not test the OLED variant. Feel free to report any stupid mistakes I might have made.

Have fun;)

Tried this with no luck:

I copied the content of the file here:
https://github.com/greiman/SSD1306Ascii/blob/master/SSD1306Ascii/src/SSD1306Ascii.h
and pasted it into a file named SSD1306Aascii.h with notepad, remebering to remove the .txt ending.
Did the same with SSD1306AasciiWire.h and placed the two in /documents/arduino/libraries.

Still compiles with the error : SSD1306Aascii.h dosen´t exist.

What am I doing wrong and can anybody help me , please

You can find everything here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B74euvw8ey5JOENmRXNYUEtySVE

I updated the code, in folders ending with _HOLD:

1) Keeping button pressed for more than 2s (configurable) enters setup menu
2) Short presses work like before, only it goes out of I/O menu instead of entering setup
3) There is now "back" button at the center of apple remote - you can set any two inputs with encoder and center button will switch between them endlessly (A/B switching). It will basically go back to the previously selected input.

I misplaced my OLED display so could not test the OLED variant. Feel free to report any stupid mistakes I might have made.

Have fun;)
Thanks, but I keep getting the same error: SSD1306Aascii.h dose not exist and it was not to be found in the link you posted either...:confused:

No SSD1306 files in that post.
But I got the entire SSD1306 folder, now the proble is the other .h files in the link, where do I put them. Now the compiler is complaining about missing Allfonts.h I have copied them to /documents/arduino/libraries, but no luck. Should they be in a special folder?
Did you check all the folders, especially the one with Ascii in the name?

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

With music it can be unaudible sometimes, that is why it's better to check with white noise or some other signal with continuous volume.

I will try to debug this part:

if (goLowL) setLSH_Range(LOW);
else if (goHighL) setLSH_Range(HIGH);

if (goLowR) setRSH_Range(LOW);
else if (goHighR) setRSH_Range(HIGH);

If range change happens at the same time I hear a volume drop, then this must be it.

Did you change any other param from default?

Hi Neb, I think that is a very good strategy to debug this. I will try to test on the weekend with white noise or tones for the volume bump.

AFAIK I didn't change any params. Do you see this issue with both OLED and LCD?