Anybody know anything about the Adire Audio Extremis?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That looks like it could work out well. I would not recommend using the CSS 4.5" for a mid-tweeter. At 10k a driver that big is not going to have any off-axis disperssion. Do you have a tweeter in mind that requires you to cross over as high as 10k? Most tweeters can crossover at least an octave lower as long as you aren't using 1st order filters. I would probably crossover at 5k to a 3" driver instead of the CSS. Maybe you can find a nice dome midrange in the same price range.

sllydderrr said:
I noticed this on creativesound.ca today:

"The Adire Extremis 6 can now be ordered . The first shipment is 8 ohm version only; a dual vopice coil version is planned for the future. Delivery is expected early December."

Can anyone say when these drivers are going to ship? I know I'm not the only one with a lot of $$$ out there. :xeye:

I sent an email to Adire, and they said the units are scheduled to ship end of Nov. I figure they are having a nice Thanksgiving vacation, and, loaded up on turkey, will start shipping when they get back to work on Monday...I hope :)

My plan is for a set of MTM TL, similar to the Thor...sort of. Also a simple vented two way, 21L, tuned to 33Hz as on the Adire website.

Any further news on shipping? I was told via email by Adire that they would be shipping by the end of Nov, but it looks like they wont make it. Hopefully they will be shipping soon.

It's like many things; construction, Half-Life2, etc.. Delays are to be expected, plus Adire is gearing up for CES. Obviously a large number of people are anxious to get their hands on this driver but patience is needed. I think it's good to be talking about possible applications though. It's certainly been on my mind. :scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.