Any interest here for PLLXO ?

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you refer to post #62 of that thread: what is passive about it? The lower section is a second-order Sallen and Key active low-pass filter and the upper section essentially doesn't filter.
If it does not filter for you, do not use it.
Ignore my post then.
I guess my fr response requested by X is nothing.
Yes, lower path is active.
You can't please everyone, certainly not you.

That should be everything, not anything.... i have tried a lot of stuff. All op-amp based thou. Salen-Key, State Variable, and an op-amp buffered PLLXO are among those.

dave
Hi Dave I build a lot also and experimented with different buffers discreet, opamp, 2sk170 and a 2sk170 as current source but the best sounding with a lot of drive was the complementair pair of 2sk170 and a 2sj74 with a 20 Ohm trimpot on the sources for the dc offset I did match them.

Rob

If it does not filter for you, do not use it.
Ignore my post then.
I guess my fr response requested by X is nothing.
Yes, lower path is active.
You can't please everyone, certainly not you.
Unless I'm misinterpretating something, the upper path has 0.1 second time constants, so it's a 1.59 Hz subsonic filter. For the record, I have nothing against Sallen and Key filters.

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Actual response...its 150Hz exactly. Not sure about your equation, but mine is in the schematics. 1Mohm is just to discharge output cap to prevent thump, followed by 10kHz or similar volume pot in power amp.
First high path is 6dB/oct, second close to it.

Attachments

• active crossover final.jpg
    active crossover final.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 58
SEOS24 with coax (dcx464 now)+15" midbass corner placed, DBA 2+2 subs, trivial minidsp 4x10hd and one channel of DCX2496 for rear subs delay. All boxes sealed. Room is 30'L 14'W 10'H now, the wall visible on the avatar is cutted out.

Back to tread: PLLXO was made accordinly to https://www.t-linespeakers.org, first order IIRC, w\o buffer, HF was FE207 with DHT SE, LF was noname cheap (pseudo)pro 2*12" with ~200W amp.
It was a past life, now I'm *BA bass chauvinist :cool:, my DBA tread is somewhere at ASR.

Reactions: 1 user