Anthology II

Joined 2005
Paid Member
@jholtz

Dear Jim,

Hope you are going OK. I know Curt is probably busy as per usual and hasn't had time to update the website speakerdesignworks.com
Is the Anthology II design completed? I know a few people interested in this design, which uses the tried and tested RS225-8, as well as good value SB drivers like the SB15CAC-8/SB26CDC.

Your cabinet designs are always well thought out and prioritise aesthetics and ease of build. And Curt always takes care on the passive crossover, including taking off axis responses all the way out to 90 degrees, to ensure, among other things, good directivity matching and a smooth even power response.

Did you have the opportunity to scale down the cabinet to 80L for the pair of RS225-8?

That midwoofer is hard to beat for the $, although that doesn’t stop me from continuing the search.

Yours sincerely,

Thanh

Last edited:
Hi Thanh,

Sorry, I almost missed your message. One of the main reasons we decided to allow Meniscus to provide kits was to eliminate fighting with Curt's website. Mark, used his kit business as a way to sell more drivers and crossover parts plus offer assembly services on the crossover if the builder needed it. Mark is a good guy and we will miss him.

So, I have no ETA of when Curt will get his website updated. We need to talk further about what he'd like to do regarding availability of designs that both he and I are involved in.

I have your email info if it hasn't changed. I'll zip the plans, measurements and cut list info into a file and send it to you later today. The wife has me busy right now. I'll have further instructions included in the zip file.

Jim

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hello Jim,

Thanks for your email.

Sorry about the belated response.

Crikey! Great work on the woodworking.
And with only 10 elements for an entire 3 way crossover? Curt really has outdone himself.

I shall attach some of your pictures, if I may.

CD62D7CA-1FF1-4566-9094-E45514A7B82F.jpeg

04F036A3-AA5E-4831-BC5E-4E05B583C88C.jpeg

9DCE614C-55C2-4E4A-8B7C-BDF22BDB794F.jpeg

Amazing; one very highly resolving speaker, I bet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
No worries. I just wanted to make sure you received my email.

Thank you for the kind words and posting the pictures! Curt, as always, did a spectacular job on the crossover as the measurements indicate. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with them. The CAC series SB drivers have exceptional clarity and detail without any harshness.

The Anthology II's will be making their official debut in October at Iowa DIY. I'm looking forward to it.

Jim

Reactions: 1 users
Many thanks for the reference to this homepage. There are a few projects there that use the Fountek NeoCD3.0.

I want to use this tweeter myself in the near future. It will be a three-way loudspeaker in compact speaker design, the Visaton DSM50FFL will take over the midrange. I am still looking for an 8-inch woofer, at the moment the Celestion CF0820BMB is my favourite.

Best regards,
Michael