And what did we buy today?

Québec got rid of the sticker ages ago. No reason a cop can't find out if you paid by running the plate and the sticker is just a waste of time/money/resources.

No annual inspection in Ontario - You can drive a car with no floor or brakes unless you get caught.

There was a problem with wheels coming off lorries on the 401 and killing folk, some years ago now. I hope they still keep the inspections in place for these monsters.

A good time at a small venue concert with Jefferson Starship! Seating capacity 750.

Attachments

• JeffersonStarship.jpg
    JeffersonStarship.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
High-ish quality BT audio does come with a fair bit of delay. I only use it for portable speakers. Afraid your transmitter will not make a significant improvement.
Correct - even though "low latency" BT 5.0, I found it still has so much delay it's unusable for conveying real time audio to an amplifier. Perhaps along with an RIAA box, I can make a BT connected turntable out of it...

re: plates and stickers. In Nova Scotia you have to renew registration every 2 years and you get a sticker that goes on the license plate, which shows the new expiry date. This has nothing to do with insurance or safety inspection. One is required to have proof of insurance but there is no external evidence.

Safety inspection is renewed after 5 years for new cars (as I recall) then every two years. It used to be annual. That is a sticker on the windshield. If you get stopped with expired MVI it's a pretty big fine. If you fail an inspection the garage can issue you a "failed" sticker which lets you drive for a couple of weeks while you get the issue fixed (or find a mechanic whose judgment is different). They can also pull the sticker and refuse to even issue a "fail", in which case the only legal way to move the vehicle is to get it towed.

Correct - even though "low latency" BT 5.0, I found it still has so much delay it's unusable for conveying real time audio to an amplifier. Perhaps along with an RIAA box, I can make a BT connected turntable out of it...
Only thing getting in the general vicinity of "low latency", high bandwidth and wireless would be wi-fi. But even with a good setup you may get spikes of 40ms between two units. You do get wireless microphone systems that are really good, so I'd say that if you want low latency use UHF transmitter/receiver.

More Radio Shack 7's, a Blond pair/twins
I still have the pair I bought new in the 70's. I dragged them out of a box packed long ago last night for use in a small music synthesizer software lab. Sound quality is not the prime criteria here since this is where I am writing and debugging code for Teensy and Daisy modules. If the Minimus didn't survive the long sleep, I have a pair of small Cerwin Vega satellite speakers that I got at a thrift store for $5. They are known to work but are bigger.

Attachments

• P3990858-x.jpg
    P3990858-x.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: 1 user
Teenager owned?

Bought an aftermarket Pfanstiehl needle for the ADC 660 phono cartridge I'm trying to sell. Maybe someone will buy it if I can say it plays records, versus "it needs a new needle"...
No actually he was about my age I think. Said he just didn't have the space for it anymore.

Good luck what that Pfanstiehl stylus... I've found every one I've ever tried were literally worse than a Groove Tool. The OEM stylus is 15$...

https://www.amazon.ca/Numark-Groove-Professional-Phonograpgh-Cartridge/dp/B0002E3DHG
And you can get 10 crappy aftermarket ones for 20$ too!

https://www.amazon.ca/Turntable-Car...5807a&pd_rd_wg=56cxb&pd_rd_i=B088TF84YJ&psc=1

Joined 2014
Paid Member
That's funny- when you wrote 'groove tool', I was thinking a gouge(V-chisel)

What I got yesterday is only audio-related as in "Yee-Haaa!" A 2001 Rocky Mtn RM6- rode one twenty years ago, but they are scarce here on the other side of the continent.

Actually, got it more for the "uh-oh!"

At one time back in the day I had 8 Minimus 7s, 4 in each vehicle. One set was assisted by an old Large Advent as a subwoofer in the rear hatch.

The tweeters in those things always bugged me, so in my work truck I ended up replacing them with McIntosh tweets (whatever they were using back in the '80s), which were much smoother. :)