And what did we buy today?

Color pictures, an aficionado insisted on 3M film, and Mitsubishi paper.
Fuji still makes it, it is getting difficult to find.

B & W, Orwo was good, Kodak Tri-X is still found...for paper the local 'Indu' brand was about the only one easily found, though I have seen European and Japanese paper in India long back.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Just bought a Vietnamese coffee and a tiny cheese cake.
Greetings, Eduard

Attachments

• IMG_UPLOAD_20231210_131637.jpg
    IMG_UPLOAD_20231210_131637.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 31
I develop my own b&w film at home and use local labs for developing colour c41 chemistry.
I've recently gotten back into film again, and I've been doing my C41 with CineStill CS-41 two bath chemistry. It's inexpensive and easier than black and white, I think.

I have a good place for a darkroom, but I'm appalled at the cost of enlargers, so I just got a scanner instead.

Win W5JAG

A new LG monitor, 22" FHD, the old 2009 Samsung 18.5" screen had started to delaminate.

Chrome says Win 7 is obsolete, so looking for a i5 board, been offered one for $75 with 8GB RAM, have to see what is going on.

There are print shops here who will do 'pigment' (durable ink) prints, even ink sublimation prints from scans, and I think the result is better than the color laser prints offered by labs.
The labs scan and print using ink jet printers at low resolution, due to cost reasons they do not do it the old fashioned way from film to paper.

I used to get the film scanned to CD, then ask for prints from the CD, the lab used to print those at higher resolution than the 'all good ones' at the time of film development.
I last bought film in 2009.

No ties to any companies named above.

Last edited:
Film cameras in my house still used occasionally; I have quite a number of Pentax Spotmatics, and a range of SMC Takumar lenses and various Pentax OE accessories from the 1970's. My 20-something son also has a Spotmatic, a Nikon FM2 and an Olympus Trip 35, and my daughter, a Pentax ME Super.

I also have a Fed 2 (Leica knock off) from Kiev, a Nikon F601 I got for nothing, and my Dad's old Agiflex Agimatic that our childhood photos were taken on, still working. I had more but sold them.

My favourite is a basic early Spotmatic in black, all brassed up on the edges, that I bought from Japan a few years back. It's seen a bit of action!

On topic, today I bought a Wiim Mini wifi DAC/streamer online that I should get in a week or so.

Not so.

I use the 500ml Cinestill CS-41 kits, and find they keep several months at room temp as long as you use containers that don't have much air space.

I get 7 to 8 rolls out of 500 ml in that amount of time. I use about half and half 24 and 36 exposure rolls.

Win W5JAG

Reactions: 1 user
C41 processes at 102F, so room temp is "cool".

I use a darkroom changing bag to roll my film, and an ordinary film tank. I think it's a Jobo brand. It practically loads itself. It's orders of magnitude easier than those old steel reels.

My only experience in the last few decades is with CineStill chemistry - both color and black and white.

Win W5JAG

Last edited: