And what did we buy today?

thin wire may be too stiff for daily folding.
This copper stuff, I assume from China, is soft and flexible enough I can sleep on it bare no problem. Using my DMM I get about 2 Ohms from the end of my 6' connecting wire to one corner. It would easily drape as a mosquito net.

I have a desk lamp on the nightstand with a metal chain switch. I shuddered when I went to shut it off last night - for obvious reasons. Still alive to type this - going to have to do something about it like choose a different lamp - probably a little piece of plastic away from death.

I bought another hunk of the material for ~15, shipped. One of the "grounding" papers says it helps in meditation - that I've been trying on and off over the past 10 years. I'm willing to give it a try. Cover the little carpet I sit on, so my feet are in contact with it; we'll see.

Perhaps is that doesnt work out, I can use it to cover the inserts of my sneakers, connected to a braid that drags on the ground behind the shoe. To ground an insulating shoe, you have to be sure you're not conducting in cold at the same time, as many electrical conductors are also good at thermal.

Reactions: 1 user
Such a flexible wire could be metallized plastic, the kind used in RJ11 phone jacks, or Litz wire.

Think of using an anti static wrist strap on your ankle, that should work, easy to obtain and connect.

And flexible graphite sheets, and of course aluminum foil are easy to obtain.
Chicken mesh would work, obtaining that should not be difficult in rural hardware stores.

I received this, but am afraid to plug it in!

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    495.2 KB · Views: 71
This copper stuff, I assume from China, is soft and flexible enough I can sleep on it bare no problem. Using my DMM I get about 2 Ohms from the end of my 6' connecting wire to one corner. It would easily drape as a mosquito net.

I have a desk lamp on the nightstand with a metal chain switch. I shuddered when I went to shut it off last night - for obvious reasons. Still alive to type this - going to have to do something about it like choose a different lamp - probably a little piece of plastic away from death.

I bought another hunk of the material for ~15, shipped. One of the "grounding" papers says it helps in meditation - that I've been trying on and off over the past 10 years. I'm willing to give it a try. Cover the little carpet I sit on, so my feet are in contact with it; we'll see.

Perhaps is that doesnt work out, I can use it to cover the inserts of my sneakers, connected to a braid that drags on the ground behind the shoe. To ground an insulating shoe, you have to be sure you're not conducting in cold at the same time, as many electrical conductors are also good at thermal.

I received this, but am afraid to plug it in!
I picked up one of those from a yard sale this summer. Parted it out. Tubes and transformer, potentiometers maybe - a bunch seized. Big power transformer, unsure yet of the voltages, maybe has a HV winding for the anode of that bug display tube. Which is a pain to have around; in the off chance it falls and hit the cement floor.

As Jerry said, "If the thunder dont get ya then the lightning will"...

I think I will remove the front panel and frame it so he can display it somewhere.
The one from mine is folded in half and in the garb can. Was a challenge to remove it from the chassis and all the parts off it, as you may find out. The 'ol all the screws come out but that last one, so you have to bring out the defiant inanimate-object equalizing tools ;')

Get some "EL wire", bend it into a waveform shape mounted in the screen hole; that and a wall wart would make it an illuminated frame display.

Last edited:
A tip for oldies:
Keep a small light lit in an area that does not disturb your sleep.
We all need to go to the toilet in the night, and this allows you to see where to go without disturbing your partner.
Blue lamps are recomended?

In any case, LED strips, miniature lanterns and so on are sold in a mind boggling variety.
Simply think it over, get one, and leave it on all night.

If you need to, get or build a battery backed up version to use when there is a power failure.

For $3 each from the ‘dollar store‘ I have a myriad of the 120V 0.3w, photo sensing led lights throughout our place. Makes stumbling around in the dark a thing of the past. After 10 plus years only one has needed replacement.
Yes, I am one of those who requires middle of the night rest stops and am not interested in disturbing the Mrs with extra lights when I need to go.

Last edited:
My project was to control flood lights at a friend's farm, then I found motion sensing 9W LED bulbs, perfect for his people, who were being bothered by petty thefts by people going through his farm, he had let the locals pass through his farm, only some used to steal clothes left to dry and so on.
Now, they cannot come closewr than 10 meters, everybody is happy.