And what did we buy today?

I picked up a Iwatsu scope a while back, for a good price, and it's great.
Quite a high HT supply for the CRT, which I like.

Hell I have a few hundred BC547/557 and a load of other ztx, for a rainy day.

I actually had to stop myself buying 5000, so I avoid additional charges, though I've probably stocked up for my lifetime with jelly bean to92 stuff.

Next to stock up on some medium power stuff, maybe some small Mosfets.

I am all in for a GB, just some folks dont like licenced copies of old devices.

Last edited:
True but 1000 to92 would fit in a B5 envelope, and the roughly 5000 to92 I have would fit in a cookie jar!

I have storage issues with loudspeakers, and 1500V PP film caps, OPTs.

Even the ztx stuff was more than worth the outlay. Even with shipping and VAT duty, less than half the price I can find the same devices in the UK.

doing my bit to support local manufacturing :D

These are parts eventually destined for two stereo amps, a clone of the Leben CS300x and a psuedo-clone of a Shindo Cortese

Attachments

• F395B9FC-2CCA-4BF7-BF9D-9C837B11BE52.jpg
    F395B9FC-2CCA-4BF7-BF9D-9C837B11BE52.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 139
I'm kinda partial to those great-sounding old organs they used to make.
(Heh.)

Different company. I have stuff from both.

The US Hammond Organ Company made lots of mechanical organs before going out of business in the 80's. The name was purchased by Suzuki who still makes digital versions of the old classic. My M3 organ is from 1958. I paid more for most of the transformers than I did for the working organ.

The transformers are newer dating from the 90's to mid 2010's. Hammond Manufacturing in Canada also made the Allied Electronics house branded "Allied's Own" tube transformers. I used them for guitar amps way back to the 70's. I have a 1608 sitting in a box for a guitar amp project. I got it at a hamfest for $10.

Attachments

• P1000633_x.jpg
    P1000633_x.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 129
  • P1000634_x.jpg
    P1000634_x.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 141
  • P1000636_x.jpg
    P1000636_x.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 136
Ha Ha, I got the same organ for freerecently!
My grandmother had that model when I was a kid.
Only difference is mine has a permanent magnet rather than electromagnet.
What sort of speaker did that one have?

Unfortunately, my Hammond does not do the one trick that my Grandmother's did. You could forget to hold the starter switch long enough and the motor for the tone wheels would spin at maybe 1/10 the usual speed. Sounded nice if you were looking for a more awful sound.

I have a favorite pair of very small needle-nose pliers that were given to me by my first boss nearly 50 years ago. I can't count the number of times I've misplaced them - sometimes for years at a stretch - but they always turn up again eventually!* When they go missing, I sometimes purchase something similar to get by, but I've never found anything quite the same. Plus they remind me of that eccentric old guy who took a chance on a high-school kid so long ago, and I can't replace that.

*Right now they're in my tool bag where they belong! I'm trying to be not so careless with such things as I get older.