And what did we buy today?

Many years ago I asked a member of staff to book a restaurant so that we could entertain a customer visiting from Asia and I asked for the big table with the Lazy Susan. our member of staff came back to report that they had booked the large table but they don’t have anybody called Susan who works there :D

I meant the ones that go in a corner kitchen cabinet. We don't own a table that needs a 28" lazy susan.

Have been to countless big family restaurant meals in China that needed a lazy susan. My MIL comes from a tight knit family of 5 brothers and herself. As I am usually the special guest I rarely lose out. My in laws usually let me have my pick of what I want, except for an amazing dish of pig's intestine, they'll fight me for that one.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ah the good ole Fei Chang.... I'll give that one a miss ;)

edit: funny story about that. I used to have the fei chang flavoured noodles.... Everyone thought it was strange that I'd have them. It was a long time before I found out that it was "pigs intestine flavoured noodles", not "extreme flavoured noodles" :D

Tony.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ah ok. Eastern side! I’ve been to Tainan, Keelung, Teroka gorge and Hualien and all over the NE (lots of semi fabs and design houses). Absolutely loved Taiwan - my wife and I want to pass thru again when we eventually do our New Zealand bucket list trip. I have so many good memories and the people were wonderful.

Last edited:
1/4# of Indium SN62, PB36, AG2 solder, 22AWG (0.015") For SMT work. I didn't have any fine solder and ran across it at the Sievereville Ham Fest today.

The Ham Fest was a "Wash Out", Literally. Huge thunderstorms rolled through starting around 10am. By Noon most outdoor vendors had packed up and left.

I'm having hamfest withdrawals as well. Dayton has been cancelled for this year, and last, Orlando was canceled last year, and "virtual" this year. How do you buy and sell stuff at a virtual HF.

I have a large pile of "stuff" staged to take to the Dayton swap area last year which I added to for this year. I have already given the computer stuff away, and it looks like some of the stuff will go to the dump soon.

I have never been to the Shelby HF, but it might be a possibility if it actually happens this year.

We don't own a table that needs a 28" lazy susan.
One of our favourite hang outs has big glass units that spin on a large ring bearing. Very nice for when you can't reach across.

Attachments

• IMG_6782.jpg
    IMG_6782.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 135