And what did we buy today?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Bought a new house recently - closed the deal last week. It’s a complete doer-upper. Structurally sound and Liveable - but only just - bathroom perfectly ok for now but kitchen will be like we are camping for a while. Same neighbourhood as before which we are very happy with.

Sure it’s exciting - more space, bigger garden, off street parking.

But I’m trying not to be too obvious in front of the significant other over my enthusiasm and excitement for the attached garage/workshop!!

Might just have enough room for my DIYA hobby and won’t have to take over the dinning table ever again :) :) :)

(There is also a single car standing area behind the photographer)

Attachments

• 406FCD14-6CF9-4B60-BD9C-8C5119ABDDE7.jpeg
    406FCD14-6CF9-4B60-BD9C-8C5119ABDDE7.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 881617DA-8FEF-45E7-AF30-1E7A51C7BA40.jpeg
    881617DA-8FEF-45E7-AF30-1E7A51C7BA40.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 203
I bought various threaded wood inserts, not T nuts, some press fit inserts, and also some hurricane screw self tapping inserts.

This is the 2nd lot I've bought but some different sizes and the press fit types are a experiment, as I haven't used those before.

Mind, I hadn't used this type of hardware outside of IKEA flat pack assembly.

I can't believe I have never thought to use these for loudspeaker baffles, making wooden amplifier cases...

I really using like inserts in wood, and plastic as well. It makes for a much more serviceable device.

Got some new shoes today to replace my faded, worn shoes that got me through the pandemic thus far.

Congratulations on the purchase of the home, is always a great adventure full of discovery with opportunities for design and development!

Last edited:
Bought a new house recently - closed the deal last week. It’s a complete doer-upper. Structurally sound and Liveable - but only just - bathroom perfectly ok for now but kitchen will be like we are camping for a while. Same neighbourhood as before which we are very happy with.

Sure it’s exciting - more space, bigger garden, off street parking.

But I’m trying not to be too obvious in front of the significant other over my enthusiasm and excitement for the attached garage/workshop!!

Might just have enough room for my DIYA hobby and won’t have to take over the dinning table ever again :) :) :)

(There is also a single car standing area behind the photographer)

Congrats! a new house is a big deal. I guess first priority is ti fix up your lab, benches etc. Later on you can get around to the less important stuff like the kitchen :D

Oil filters (Wix) and Oil (Castrol Edge 5W30). Changed the oil and filter, and rotated tires on the Subaru Outback.

I just realized how they get 6000 miles on an oil change. I am used to cars having 4Qt capacity oil pans. Subaru takes nearly 7 quarts. Couple that with fully synthetic oil and ta-da, 6K oil changes.

I change the oil filter at 3K miles and top the oil off.

I decided that instead of rotating tires at 7500miles, I will do it every 6000 miles when I change oil. It makes it easier to keep up with.

I also checked the tire pressure in the spare as I put it on the right rear as a place holder for rotating the tires. This insures I never need the spare and find it flat.

While driving across town tonight, I stopped at Best Buy to pick up a Bluetooth 5 USB dongle for the laptop at the shop. As I was walking up to the door, a dude came out & said, "Sir, we closed at 7:00."

So I turned around & walked back to the car, climbed in, and immediately reset the dash clock to Daylight Savings Time. :rolleyes:

My truck clock is a pita to reset so I always just add an hour in the spring.....well somehow it’s also 20 minutes fast for some reason, so now I have to add 40 min! Just about ran over a tourist trying to figure out what time it was the other day. (That shouldn’t be a crime if I did! :D)

So I reckon I need to buy about 40 min of time. :p

Or would that be a refund? :confused:

Last edited: