And what did we buy today?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Logitech K270 right now (wireless mouse and keyboard). I buy whatever Logitech wireless set is available and tend to wear out the keyboard. I keep a spare set ready to go.

These work fine for research, email and designing PC boards. Not a gamer. I wouldn't mind if the mouse was a 5 button model though.

I have a HyperX keyboard of some sort, with proper red lighting and cherry mx brown switches.
Have a mouse that's good, but I don't like the shape of it, MUST have sensitivity adjustment. Anybody have any suggestions?

This is a kick 4$$ mouse: Onboard memory for the button settings, 16000dpi.
I have it set mid way sensitive and I can move within 2 4K displays without lifting my hand.

And it's on sale! You can't loose! https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...16000-dpi-optical-gaming-mouse-black/14424452

I bought a bit of an antique this week.

A Sinclair X20.

An early digital amplifier.

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    803.7 KB · Views: 144
Not had a chance to test it yet.
It requires some minor repairs eg the big capacitor is only attached at one end.
Also one of the transistors has pulled the pcb track off, although it is still attached.

I also want to draw the circuit out first.

I have recently purchased another ancient Sinclair item ... a Sinclair super IC-12

Andy

New router table extension for the table saw........cast iron base, heavy duty alum rail w/dust collection and insert all for $370, which may sound like a lot but those standalone bases are much more $$ and lesser materials. And this takes up less space. :p

Attachments

• E7A29832-0FF3-42EB-BEAF-D55CD0D0DD69.jpg
    E7A29832-0FF3-42EB-BEAF-D55CD0D0DD69.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 177
Metal cutting jigsaw blades. Didn't realize that my old jigsaw was dated until I realized U-shank blades come in fewer varieties than T-shank blades. Found something on Amazon that had high reviews.

Mamselle got me a Bosch jigsaw about 5 years ago -- replaced the one my gram gave me in around 1967!

New router table extension for the table saw........cast iron base, heavy duty alum rail w/dust collection and insert all for $370, which may sound like a lot but those standalone bases are much more $$ and lesser materials. And this takes up less space

I gave my son the Delta Contractor saw about 5 years ago, unfortunately the mice decided to poop all over the steel surface when it was in storage, and it became so pitted as to require replacement. Pretty good market for replacement parts in NJ.

I surrendered and bought a table for my Festool plunge saw. My 3 sons pitched in and got me the saw for Christmas in 2019.