And what did we buy today?

Two sets by five of XR2206. Decided to spread the risc as they all come probably are "ogirinal Chian spearparts" :xfingers:.

Earlier I order two calendars - DIY (almost) with my own photos: one for me and one for my wife :santa2:.

A book about Crow and his best friend Mother Moo (guess what animal that is) - for the grandchildren in Chicago :santa:.
Latest CDn from Dolly Parton - A Holly Dolly Christmas (to my youngest kid who loves Dolly :santa3:)
Chris Rea - Hofner Blue Notes, CD - for me.
Chris Rea - The Blue Cafe, CD - for my tennant (Sue-Johnny, my personal silverfish adviser in financial issues :joker:).

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I wouldn't know where to start with dynamite, either! Although I have a neighbour who works in the mining industry; he might know but I bet you need more than a firearms license to buy dynamite!

There is a shortage on loaded ammo, powder, projectiles etc. as people panic/binge buy in the States. Canada only gets it if there is enough to go around. :) So when I luckily found the stuff I use for reloading my rifle ammo, I decided to "pull the trigger". Sorry. Terrible, I know. I have enough to last through the apocalypse and beyond now. :D

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...I bet you need more than a firearms license to buy dynamite!... :D

In the US, you need license from the ATF, and also most states have laws and fees; however _I_ may possess 50 pounds of gunpowder (black or smokeless) without my state's permission. Rules in Canada seem to be similar, but more restrictive in practice.

I dimly remember knowing where to buy dynamite almost-legal when I was too young to buy. Apparently now all higher explosive sales must go through a federal license dealer. (Just as I can not sell/buy a gun across state line without a Dealer; but we got gun dealers in every other town, I don't see any dynamite dealers.)

Specifically dynamite: it is rarely used today for many reasons. Most mining is done with nitrate compounds and mixtures, not as compact but safer and properly placed can break more rock for less cost.

A really nice Sony S770ES tuner....sounds very good on true FM broadcast.

Handbook is a total car-crash!! will put a decent AC mains lead on it!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 216
After an afternoon of pushing my electrical fish into many existing wall openings on the 2nd floor, I punted and ordered a refurbished powerline ethernet pair. That plus a cheap USB to ethernet adapter for my daughter's laptop.
Trying to buy an S/PDIF receiver board on the Ali BF sale but the AKM fire isn't helping.