And what did we buy today?

Thanks for doing that cogi.
As mentioned, the green unit with the manual spool cord must have been replaced by an automated, foot activated push button retrieval system that maintained the same vacuum body in all other respects.
I grew up having to vacuum on Saturday mornings when I was a child. The vacuum I bought when moving away from the parents, in 1979, was a red unit not green, but all else was the same. It's still at my other residence to this day and working fine BTW. :)

Electrolux is a Swedish company with a long international history. They have, or still do, own several American appliance brands. That didn't explain why my house branded riding lawnmower has an Electrolux label under the seat.

The lawnmower is old, purchased from the local farmers Co-op in 2006. I found it in the mud and trash that covered the property when we bought the place and it needed some serious fixing. I went to the Co-op to ask about parts and found that they no longer sold lawn equipment, but I could find everything I needed by Googling my model number. That turned out to be true, but it unraveled a larger mystery.

It turns out that most of the lawnmowing equipment sold in the USA is made in one of two US factories run by American Yard Products. It doesn't matter if it's the cheapest MTD mower at Walmart or the most expensive John Deere, they all come from the same AYP factories and most of the parts interchange. So my mower is a mutt with parts from Craftsman, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Poulan and yes John Deere parts in it now, most from Ebay or Amazon.

So why does it wear an Electrolux label, It turns out that Electrolux owned Husqvarna when my mower was made.

I found out that a similar "one plant builds all" system exists for kitchen appliances, and Electrolux is part of that too, but I'm not chasing that down until I have to fix something and need parts.

My mother's stepfather sold vacuum cleaners.

Also tools.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200509-181208_Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20200509-181208_Browser.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 153
  • view (1).jpeg
    view (1).jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 114
It turns out that most of the lawnmowing equipment sold in the USA is made in one of two US factories run by American Yard Products. It doesn't matter if it's the cheapest MTD mower at Walmart or the most expensive John Deere, they all come from the same AYP factories and most of the parts interchange. So my mower is a mutt with parts from Craftsman, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Poulan and yes John Deere parts in it now, most from Ebay or Amazon.

So why does it wear an Electrolux label, It turns out that Electrolux owned Husqvarna when my mower was made.

I found out that a similar "one plant builds all" system exists for kitchen appliances, and Electrolux is part of that too, but I'm not chasing that down until I have to fix something and need parts.

I wound up with an mtd from Walmart, is a lot of fun with a rejetted carb on its Kohler V twin, about the same age as yours.

Today’s purchases were just groceries, and some tasty chocolates for Moms day.

Interesting! I just tried Kerrygold for the first time yesterday.

Trip to Costco - "hmmmm Irish cheese... gotta try that."

I like it!

I have to admit I havent tried KerryGold cheese, I've tried the butter - I prefer Lurpak!

In fact, I havent seen KerryGold branded cheese, but the cave aged Welsh and Irish Cheddars are nice (Colliers and Isle of Man are good smaller brand - as opposed to the Cathedral city and other LARGE brands which we are flooded with.)

Unfortunately, here in the UK, most cheese and butter available in supermarkets are from multi-national conglomerates
and are therefore pretty much the same !!

My favourite chedder is produced by Montgomery in Cadbury and is only sold locally. Most of the production is sold to hotels and restaurants in London.

I also like a 3 year matured Stilton which I can get in Chester.

Last edited: