• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love 230vAC (not DC). It puts the ideas in perspective. ;)

New picture.

Attachments

• IMG_5381.jpeg
    IMG_5381.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 146
What's the thing on the top-right, is that a volume control for later?

A 100K pot. This is a used enclosure box from an old project. I will not use the the pot with the TPA3255 board.

I disabled the PFFB circuit. At first listening, better headroom and natural voice. It's easy to heard as I'm using full range speakers.

It’s weird. The PFFB shouldn't cause such a big difference in sound.

Stéphane

Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I disabled the PFFB circuit. At first listening, better headroom and natural voice. It's easy to heard as I'm using full range speakers.

It’s weird. The PFFB shouldn't cause such a big difference in sound.

Stéphane

Stéphane: A number of us have noticed this with version 1 of the board. I’ve disabled mine as well and the sound reproduction is much more pleasing. Version 2 of the board is addressing this I believe.

Cheers,

Pete

D

Deleted member 148505

So you will have the following available within the next 1-2 months (?):

1) TPA3255 module, original (TICore260BTL with new name) but tweaked/improved
2) TPA3255 module, upgraded with split supply
3) TPA3251 module

Or just 2) and 3) moving forward?

Only number 2 is the priority for now. I made some changes on it that I will apply on 1 and 3 afterwards.

The manufacturing cost went more than x2 compared to Version 1. (I used low TCR 0.1% resistor and C0G caps in some areas) So I removed the ENIG surface finish to lower down the cost.

Stéphane: A number of us have noticed this with version 1 of the board. I’ve disabled mine as well and the sound reproduction is much more pleasing. Version 2 of the board is addressing this I believe.

Cheers,

Pete

Sound's like the 2 channels are slightly out of phase that's why the voice is not as full as the non-pffb. I will experiment with it once I receive the new boards.

D

Deleted member 148505

Tried removing the opamp feedback caps in my TICore260BTL.
Opamps are not heating up (LME49860) so looks stable. Also no faults on open load. I'm using LRS-350-36 PSU which has a 65kHz switching freq.

PFFB: The sound is noticeably better and the vocals are more natural (almost the same as non PFFB)

I'm using ELNA Silmic II all throughout, I soldered them under the board so that I can easily modify the opamp feedback caps.

Maybe a 22pF on opamp buffer feedback cap on my board will suffice for stability.

I need more listening tests to confirm.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.