• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 148505

GB150D, StableCore Class-D Amp

Will revive my GB150D pcb. Also will be updating my class-d amp.

Attachments

• GB150D.PNG
    GB150D.PNG
    146.3 KB · Views: 331
  • StableCore.PNG
    StableCore.PNG
    142.9 KB · Views: 326
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Lester !

Good news the SKA GB150D "rebirth"... but what is the StableCore Class-D amp ?
Hi Alex,

Just an internal name for JLE-800S V3, a proper 2020 update for my IRS2092 module. It will be available next year.

Design considerations:
It uses more SMT parts for faster manufacturing and lower production cost.
Less idle power consumption, less heat buildup.
Overtemp protect, open load detect, DC protect, loss of AC muting.
Also aimed for lower THD compared to previous version (JLE-800S V2).
Capable of 800W into 2ohms, 500W into 4 ohms, and 280W into 8 ohms load

Regards,
Lester

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    142.1 KB · Views: 284
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Lester, I see you have in your shop a dual channel speaker protection board but I don't understand how this is powered as I don't see any solder joints on it either for AC or DC.

Hi, you can power it via J1 header, it has a 2.54mm lead spacing, you can use male header 22-23-2021.

If you will use 12V relays, you can power it with 12V to 15V AC floating or ground referenced;

Or 12V DC with no bulk capacitance like the 12V ground referenced output from SMPS supplies. Remove LM7812 since it has no use unless your SMPS has 15V DC output. You can ignore voltage drop from rectifier since 12V relays can operate at 9V DC.

If you will use a DC source from SMPS, replace C6 and C7 with 22uf capacitor so that the relay can turn off fast when you turn off your amplifier.

Lester I have one more question about the sof start board, is it possible not to use an on board transformer but instead power the board with a secondary 12V AC from the power transformer of the amp?

Do not use the power transformer of the amp, the softstart should have a dedicated / separate transformer.

Because if your amp has a fault, and before the fuse blows, it will draw large current which will reduce the voltage output your primary transformer. It will then starve the softstart module so the softstart relay will turn off, which will connect the primary resistor to your faulty amp. Then softstart's primary resistor will become busted and most likely will become 'open' which is hassle to repair.

I also have a softstart which has a separate supply. Attached pic

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 210
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 211
D

Deleted member 148505

Hi Stewin, I already have the blank printed circuit boards here but I haven't completed it yet. I will make a video once it's done.

I made the latest board based on my modifications / airwiring on my prototype board. I think I uploaded the gerber file in Ultra simple class-d thread, you can use it to order boards from China / Hong Kong.

Regards,
Lester

Hi Stewin, I already have the blank printed circuit boards here but I haven't completed it yet. I will make a video once it's done.

I made the latest board based on my modifications / airwiring on my prototype board. I think I uploaded the gerber file in Ultra simple class-d thread, you can use it to order boards from China / Hong Kong.

Regards,
Lester

thanks jlester for your reply . did you manage to use +/-60v and what was your speaker impedance you used?

No only +/-45V DC since gate buffers dissipated more heat, used 4 ohms load. Will share updated schem

in my experience using bc327 and bc337 instead of bd139/140 was better cause they do not over heat . my inductor used was yellow white core from pc power supply 35turns t130-26 with 1mm gap which i cut by, my hand held hacksaw. but the maximum voltage i used was +/- 49vlts cause i used irf540n and 9540n

with those fets IRF6218 and IRFB33N15 can the amp survive at +/-60volts at 2ohms load ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 148505

I once had some ucd boards from lc audio, they had an option, where you could tie two modules together so that they oscillated at same frequency, would there be an advantage in that? And is it doable with your jle-2000d boards?

Advantage is that it avoids interference that produce beat tones on multichannel setup. On JLE-2000D, There's no provision on the pcb for external clock synchronization. You can set the idle self-oscillating frequency of the 2 modules more than 20kHz apart to avoid beat tones. Regards

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hi Lester: I just ordered these two boards. Will the BOMs come with the delivery?

Thanks

Pete

Hi, you can power it via J1 header, it has a 2.54mm lead spacing, you can use male header 22-23-2021.

If you will use 12V relays, you can power it with 12V to 15V AC floating or ground referenced;

Or 12V DC with no bulk capacitance like the 12V ground referenced output from SMPS supplies. Remove LM7812 since it has no use unless your SMPS has 15V DC output. You can ignore voltage drop from rectifier since 12V relays can operate at 9V DC.

If you will use a DC source from SMPS, replace C6 and C7 with 22uf capacitor so that the relay can turn off fast when you turn off your amplifier.

Do not use the power transformer of the amp, the softstart should have a dedicated / separate transformer.

Because if your amp has a fault, and before the fuse blows, it will draw large current which will reduce the voltage output your primary transformer. It will then starve the softstart module so the softstart relay will turn off, which will connect the primary resistor to your faulty amp. Then softstart's primary resistor will become busted and most likely will become 'open' which is hassle to repair.

I also have a softstart which has a separate supply. Attached pic

Status
Not open for further replies.