Amp Camp Pre+Headphone Amp - ACP+

No idea about Fleawatt, but have you considered the ACA? I really love mine, and if you have very efficient speakers and it is, as you mention, for low level listening, it's a real treat!

I definitely recommend the ACA too. Built the latest stereo version and you'll be very happy with what you hear. Its also small/compact so likely will suit your room situation.

--Tom

Weird question: In bedroom ACP and headphones would be the main setup, but I also have a pair of Fostex BLH for occasional low volume listenings: what compact (and good matching) fleawatt amp could I build/buy for driving them? The rest of the chain is Raspberry/Volumio and Modi 2.
Thanks

For low level listening the ACP+ alone may be all you need. It's about 1/2 watt.

Plug your Fostex speakers into the headphone jack and see what you think.

Well seeing how I have a PassLabs HPA-1, a Whammy, and the store just sent me an email stating the Full kits are in stock....I ordered one ACP + !

I have built the Noir and several other DIY amps and love to build stuff and play...having a full kit with all the parts makes life easy...than the constant searching for stuff at Mouser and Digkey, Newark etc....

Look forward to this simple design!

Thanks Poppa !!

Alex

Got the kit from the store yesterday, soldered it up, checked out ok first time....de-fluxed and playing now with D8000 Pros....awesome little amp.

Temps on Q5/6 are 115 - 120 deg F.

Dead silent here.

Nice simple, quick project...now to hunt for a nicer knob.

Love the naked look, makes people ask what is this thing and how does it work.

Alex

For low level listening the ACP+ alone may be all you need. It's about 1/2 watt.

Plug your Fostex speakers into the headphone jack and see what you think.

This seems interesting for bedroom. My Fostex have the same efficiency of Papa's coaxials used in test reported in ACP pdf... If 8ohm load doesn't stress the mosfets, I think I could live with :D