Amp Camp Amp - ACA

Well....
We studied the surveys, and we have your message here. And one way or another we'll make your wish come true! BUT is it a new amp or a separate buffer or preamp? We don't know..so the only solution is to wait wait wait..

We're slow but we try very hard not to break promises..

Mark

I’m getting closer to 5 cents now, but...

I could see one full-size modular component being the best solution from many perspectives. Throw in a swappable io panel (like a computer) in the back to facilitate changes, design circuit boards to fit one base panel, etc..

Limited mainly by j-fet dissipation I would say. Voltage limited as well to more or less 32V for the 2sk170 (lsk170 I am not sure...) as well as per NP advice (see F5 turbo article).

After that comes heatsinking the output transistors.... and in the end comes the bigger hammer approach of ZM...

EDIT: Stay with 24v (or so) or build something else - unless someone here want's to chime in to complicate a simple project

Thank you very much for the info. I've got a nice toroidal transformer with 2x15V AC so I can use that.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6
I think a NuTube preamp project is the kind of thing you'll see here in the near future.

"Great! Maybe an affordable DIY interlink to connect it with the ACA too?"

Yes, use this ones, only 1.45 $:D:D:D

Attachments

• tulp-kabel-5-meter.jpg
    tulp-kabel-5-meter.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6
I think a NuTube preamp project is the kind of thing you'll see here in the near future.

"Great! Maybe an affordable DIY interlink to connect it with the ACA too?"

Yes, use this ones, only 1.45 $:D:D:D

The reason I like cables that cost a bit more than the cheap standard cables is that I like a good RCA connector (e.g. with twist lock). I have had some bad experiences with the cheap ones. Once I burned a DC coupled amp caused by bad ground connection in the RCA connector. The screened cable they use in the cheap interlinks is just fine.....I think.

Hi All,
My chassis is quite small and heatsink as well (26x6,5x2cm),
i have jfets of about idss 7.8mA and another match at 10.05mA,
i was thinking to use the 10.05mA and keep the other ones for another project! but would it help using the 7.8mA instead in order to keep the Amp a bit cooler?

Thanks,

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited: