• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could you share more about your new workstation?

Hi Bob, sure. I didn't want to spend a lot of money until I have experienced more of the possibilities around my preference to use the HQ Player NAA model/configuration, an advantage of which is that the upsampling computer can be remote (from the audio system) and therefore doesn't need to be silent. I did some research on the processors that people appear to be using successfully to upsample and then cast around for a used PC with a similar or better benchmark. For under £200 (less than $300) I got hold of an ex-business use HP workstation with a 3.3GHz Xeon E-3 processor which should do the job. I've slotted in a small SSD and loaded Audio-Linux and plan to start trying HQ Player on it shortly; currently my priority audio project is the completion of an amp build as I have no main system at the moment having parted prematurely with my previous amp!

When I know more I'll post something in Acko's new thread.

Ray

Ray

Thanks for the information - I have been also thinking about going the HQ direction. I currently use an older MacBook which would not serve to the conversion to DSD in real time. However the idea of remote strikes the appropriate cord. My main system is a quad core i7 iMac. Now I can research "remoteness"

Good luck on that amp !!!!

Best

Bob

Hi James, there was some discussion about this in the no-dac dac thread. Some tools like HQplayer can run realtime conversion and act as a server and use an embedded client like the BBB as a NAA (Network audio adapter). I've not read of anybody having gotten this to work on Miero's image yet.

I've done some experimenting with upsampling my FLAC files to DSD using HQ Player; my atom processer based computer couldn't even deliver DSD64 so it's unlikely a BBB will have sufficient processing power.

Thanks guys. Seems like it's only a matter of time before these hurdles are overcome. Exciting!

Interesting Acko!

How will be the transit btw the two digital sources?
What type of digital sources are compatible with that, only i2s or i2s and spdif?

Finally, what is "fanouts"

The Source (SRC) J9 jumper/switch allows you to select the I2S sources
So you can conveniently hook up, say, Amanero USB and a Network Media Renderer like EDEL or BBB, select between them and gets Sync-Reclocked by the S04 accordingly. In this way no external MUX arrangement needed.

There are only I2S/DSD inputs. For Spdif there will be a special module that converts to I2S and will be Sync-Reclocked by the S04. ETA early 2016. I know Robert is also interested ...
The re-clocker board only works with i2s signal, and needs a source with cksel output to tell which clocks the samplerate is. So you would need a spdif reciever with i2s converter to make it work. I have requested this to acko before, but i think he have prioritised other things instead.
/Robert

"Fanouts" of the output signals - convenient for connecting to dual mono DACs

Last edited:
AKL-S03 blank boards for sale

I previously purchased 2 AKL-S03 blank boards that I will never use. Selling these for $35 each with ADP150AUJZ-3.3-R7 VReg included with each.

Attachments

• AKL-S03.jpg
    AKL-S03.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 615
New S04 board. Can Sync-Multiplex up to 2 compatible digital sources plus fanouts.
Will be rolled out as premium audiophile grade products!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm sorry, but what is "premium audiophile grade product"? Aren't those blank pcbs made by cheap Chinese budged fabs?

I'm sorry, but what is "premium audiophile grade product"? Aren't those blank pcbs made by cheap Chinese budged fabs?

I don't think Acko said these were premium grade PCBs, though I do know some of his products do utilise premium quality PCBs.

What he said was that they would be used to rollout premium audiophile grade products, defined by the components that will populate the boards, such as low noise power supplies, high accuracy clocks etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.