• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amanero Isolator/Reclocker GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have CPLD_for_1080 and firmware_1080 and in configtool 1.17 slavemod checked and pin11 clock selector at 24 MHz.

No, this is not right. It still puts the USB unit in some strange behaviour.
New advice from Amanero:
Use: CPLD Firmware Slave_1080 and CPU Firmware fw_1096c
In Config page:
Prescaler: MCLK/1
Slave mode: (Checked)
Pin11: clock selector

PS: there are still some bugs with this fw. Some reports of issues. I know Lemon got this working, re: his previous post. I have yet to test mine. Have asked Dom to verify ...

Last edited:
Alternative USB module

JLSounds has come up with nice modules.
Their oem module looks like a perfect match for the S03:
OEM board - I2S over USB Audio

OEM_orig.jpg

Many thanks to Ray (Nautibuoy) for bringing this to my attention.
Also, the SDTrans384 is compatible
There are other similar products out there and the flexible interface of the S03 means you can hook up easily - just follow the wiring concepts.

JLSounds has come up with nice modules.
Their oem module looks like a perfect match for the S03:
OEM board - I2S over USB Audio

OEM_orig.jpg

Many thanks to Ray (Nautibuoy) for bringing this to my attention.
Also, the SDTrans384 is compatible
There are other similar products out there and the flexible interface of the S03 means you can hook up easily - just follow the wiring concepts.
Yes, this one is very convinient.

BTW, flashed recomended firmware combination and waveforms are good now so no need to tweak R2 [emoji41] .

@acko= F2,F3 on Amanero doesn't joined with the gnd of Vcc.
But the S03 has joined them with the gnd. Is that OK this?
I built an external sampling indicator that uses the F1, F2, F3 and I have a concern about them as is now.

If using F1-F3 from Amanero then do no connect these pins to the S03 and wire these to your own indicator board. No harm if these pins are connected to S03 (gnd) as F1-F3 are open collector types but you will need remove these connections for external indicator.

Sound quality impessions

My system, at the moment consists of old laptop with foobar and jplay6 on Windows 10 build 10130, amanero-acko s03 combination coupled with Buffalo III DAC controlled by arduino uno board, Ivy I/V nonbalanced output, LazyCat FirstOne v1.2 power amp and KEF XQ40 louspeakers, interconnects Neotech NEI3001, Furutech FP-Alpha-3 power cable for amp and Yarbo SP-8000PW for DAC box and plain simple USB cable between laptop and DAC.
Listened for couple of hours yesterday and I can say it was relaxed, pleasant presentation, music that can be listened for hours without any fatigue. Even with low volume settings (digital inside ES9018) there are plenty of details, I can sense instruments positions and depth.
Next, I want to try battery powered S03 and have to do some trident shunt tweaks but before all this I have to deal with power supply bypassing on NDK clocks and buffer.
Thanks to Acko and Lemon for advice on amanero firmware.

My system, at the moment consists of old laptop with foobar and jplay6 on Windows 10 build 10130, amanero-acko s03 combination coupled with Buffalo III DAC controlled by arduino uno board, Ivy I/V nonbalanced output, LazyCat FirstOne v1.2 power amp and KEF XQ40 louspeakers, interconnects Neotech NEI3001, Furutech FP-Alpha-3 power cable for amp and Yarbo SP-8000PW for DAC box and plain simple USB cable between laptop and DAC.
Listened for couple of hours yesterday and I can say it was relaxed, pleasant presentation, music that can be listened for hours without any fatigue. Even with low volume settings (digital inside ES9018) there are plenty of details, I can sense instruments positions and depth.
Next, I want to try battery powered S03 and have to do some trident shunt tweaks but before all this I have to deal with power supply bypassing on NDK clocks and buffer.
Thanks to Acko and Lemon for advice on amanero firmware.
Well done :cheers:
Impressive setup!
Interesting to see how the power supply tweaks go... and thanks for sharing :)

I finally purchased a DSD256 download...

Currently playing it through my BBB/Acko DSD Interface/Acko SO3/Buffalo3SE renderer combo. Sounds very nice through my headphones.

Make sure you have a cabled connection to the BBB though.

Cheers Acko:)

Ray

Ray, this is fantastic! Didn't think could go beyond DSD128 for BBB
Puts this on par with USB audio. Thank you for your efforts:superman:

Well, not quite, this is just simple streaming and playing dsf files. If I wanted to, say, transcode 16bit 44.1KHz FLAC files to DSD256 on the fly I would need a fairly powerful computer and that pushes you towards USB (as things currently stand).

Ray

I was thinking the media server would do this transcoding of PCM to DSD256?
so the BBB is just the receiver/renderer in the same way as playing native DSD streaming

Last edited:
I was thinking the media server would do this transcoding of PCM to DSD256?
so the BBB is just the receiver/renderer in the same way as playing native DSD streaming

You'll need (a) a media server package that can do that sort of transcoding and (b) a very powerful media server hardware platform (I don't think you're average NAS will do it).

I'm thinking, shift the media around the network as PCM then transcode at the point of consumption. More flexible if you have other renderers that can't do DSD too.

Ray

Acko,

Is there a way to change the output fs of the S03?
I see that the Amanero has a default for all sampling the 64*fs.

The same is happening on S03 output (BCLK). Is there a different way for 192*fs or bigger?

I ask this because I see at the datasheet of my dac-chip (page 4, MCLK table)
https://myl8test.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/es9023-datasheet.pdf
that the best configuration is 192*fs at least for asynchronous mode or 128-716*fs for synchronized mode.

Acko,

Is there a way to change the output fs of the S03?
I see that the Amanero has a default for all sampling the 64*fs.

The same is happening on S03 output (BCLK). Is there a different way for 192*fs or bigger?

I ask this because I see at the datasheet of my dac-chip (page 4, MCLK table)
https://myl8test.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/es9023-datasheet.pdf
that the best configuration is 192*fs at least for asynchronous mode or 128-716*fs for synchronized mode.

Lemon,

The 64*fs stated for Amanero has got to do with bit-depth (word length) only if you look at it carefully:
32bits * 2stereo channels *fs = 64fs. So the bit clock runs at 64*fs frequency as you have correctly observed. This remains the same for both 32bit and 24bit (padded to 32bit) and goes down to 32fs for 16-bit as expected.

The other is DAC related telling you that the MCK needs to 'spin' at some 128-256*fs. The Sabre DACs like higher MCK to some extend to allow the signal processing and jitter reduction to work better.

With your 45/49.MHz clocks coming out of the 'Turbo MCK' of S03 and if you are using this to slave the DAC in sync mode, then the above conditions are nicely met :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.