Alpair 10.3 dual help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
64 litres is an ML-TL.

A10.3 in 25 litres starts looking ugly, but you aren’t actually using them for bass. Have you tried damping the vent?

dave

I use them both with and without the extra woofer. depending on where and for what i set them up. And they work both ways in reality. I don't damp the ports, i tried with putting some foam in them when connected to the sub, but that sounded very ugly as the ports are still slightly loaded due to the slow cr curve (1st order) but so soft you don't hear it until they are damped...

That is also what many reggae and dub soundsystems do. They use the classic Dual G subs (ported dual 18" cabinets) as kickwoofer (85 until 350 a 450Hz). The box is tuned to 37Hz (F3), but they cut it at 85Hz (4th order L/R) without damping the port and this works better than damped or a similar sealed box.

Attachments

• Messenger_SoundSystem_Stacks-e1542196785392[1].jpg
    Messenger_SoundSystem_Stacks-e1542196785392[1].jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hi . I would like to talk about experiences with reflex tube size .I have tried winIsd and I also tried some of the plans that I have found online with the tube around 3.5 diameter and 8 cm(or 6 ��) long and some others but I have never been really satisfied. Before I have build my boxes I had some old boxes and they had some tubes around 5 cm diameter and about 11 cm long .For me that sounded great so after playing around a bit I have got the conclusion that 5 cm diameter and 10 cm long in 16 L sounds best . Now , I don't know how this looks on the paper but I'm inviting you to experiment or to comment .Tks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.