Aleph Jzm

Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ The kit comes with all the transistors required. They're wanting to try something different. An option.

1715980930202.png

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ 100% agreed. :nod:

Apologies - Within context of above, I agree that the two projects are absolutely not of the same 'level of difficulty'; and more importantly, they're not identical / interchangeable. I should have been more careful.

What I meant is that in my opinion - For those that like to just buy boards and source their own parts along with making a few other choices in their builds; and for those may be a little further along the road in their DIY journey... the 'original' Aleph J boards are a fabulous choice. There's a little something for everyone.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
For builders specifically needing help with their power supply, please search for a thread supporting your specific power supply for assistance, or create a separate thread as needed.

Edited to add - In addition to the exact name of the PSU included in the introduction to the build guide, I have added a direct link to the boards used in step 53 and to the introduction... and in the parts section. Fantastic boards, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You know @Zen Mod I do agree. However, you can’t really complain if you are enabling the spoiled. Everyone knows that its the parents fault when a child is spoiled! :rofl:

Lets see if I can get past the stuffing resistors, which seems to me my common theme around here. Happy Monday!
IMG_9883.jpeg

Look at that pretty thang!

Reactions: 5 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I decided to buy a thumb drive instead of a new printer. Going to load it up with files I should and should have printed for my Pass builds and take it to the FedEx store. After retirement my computer chops have atrophied a bit. I bought a new lap top as well. Trying to do this DIY audio stuff on Android devices is not ideal.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Kudos for reading them... It is always best to double confirm.

The 5V6 is marked just in case.

Step 22 in the guide -
Check the tape. For parts included in the kits - one side of the cut tape is red (noting the side of the anode) and one is typically white. For the 5V6 Zener, the white tape is marked with black marker.

Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Both the Chassis from Italy and the kit should arrive tomorrow. Still have to print out the schematic and guide. Jacruzer787 - why the heavy solder under those resistors if I may ask? Have not seen that perforated treatment on the boards before, something to do with heat? Excellent pics btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user