Aleph J illustrated build guide

Route the power wires behind the board, and as close to the bottom chassis plate as possible.

Route the input wires as far away from the power wires as possible. I tucked them up against the top rail of the chassis. Twist them together tightly if using individual wires. I had a slight hum issue when using RCA inputs, by carefully rerouting the wires, I was able to minimize it to the point where it was only audible if you put your ear right up to the speaker.

I have since switched to XLR inputs and used shielded quad conductor wire. The amp is now completely silent.

Attachments

• 1223211151.jpg
    1223211151.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 209
Route the power wires behind the board, and as close to the bottom chassis plate as possible.

Route the input wires as far away from the power wires as possible. I tucked them up against the top rail of the chassis. Twist them together tightly if using individual wires. I had a slight hum issue when using RCA inputs, by carefully rerouting the wires, I was able to minimize it to the point where it was only audible if you put your ear right up to the speaker.

I have since switched to XLR inputs and used shielded quad conductor wire. The amp is now completely silent.

Thanks!

Due to the insane size of the PSU, routing power wires @ chassis floor provides issues of it’s own. So I have tried a mid point, keeping them as far away from both noisy PSU bits and AC wiring as possible, and still maintaining some distance to input wiring. For now, preliminary measurements show 0.0mV AC on the outputs. Also, my rails have 0mV ripple as far as I can measure, so I am not that concerned about hum getting into the input wiring from the DC power wires. But we will see. Normally I would twist the hell out of things. But having silent and pri/sec shielded transformers, and a ripple-«free» PSU hopefully provides some headroom :)

Tips duly noted.

Andy