Aleph J illustrated build guide

Trying to upload a picture of my pride...

Attachments

• 20211114_004435_remastered.jpg
    20211114_004435_remastered.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 257
Thank you all for the kind words. At first the 4U chassie seemed large but when fitting all parts inside it quickly got crowded.
I have just begun burning it in so no listening yet but when I did a quick test hook up to the speakers I were pleasently surprised of the low background noise. Since I will use it to drive my midhorns which are actively driven with no passive attenuation and woth a sensitivity of around 110dB this is quite important to me. Thank you forum members, the diyaudio store and mr Papa himself for making it possible to have this kind of fun. Cant wait to build something else...

Last edited:
Well, I live in the south of Sweden which has the perfect class A climate. We have 10 degrees in winter and about the same during summer 😝
On top of that my house is built in 1873 so I really appreciate my newly added heat source. Its nice to be able to loose the fur boots before entering the man cave and its so much easier to handle the TT PU or remote without the second skin gloves...

Attachments

• 75681059_1_x.jpg
    75681059_1_x.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 333
Really? :rofl:
Great, great PSU, Andy! Looks like Dynamite :D
:cheers: (mead, obviously :D )

You tasted mead? An aquited taste. But good for war and peacekeeping. I much prefer Prosseco :cheers:

Thanks for the comment wrt PSU. P2P is fun but takes time. Currently contemplating the ground planes. Ie how not to risk short circuiting it all mounting it at the small caps.

How is your J coming along?