Aleph J illustrated build guide

Joined 2004
Paid Member
It seems to me that maybe there is a grounding anomaly that these two devices together aren't happy with.

Could you try modding an RCA cable so the grounds don't connect and only the center conductors do?
For testing purposes only of course.....

I can do that.

R6 and R30 - I'd suggest 0 ohms for the time being because this is likely a ground issue, because the amplifier works properly with other preamps...

How is audio ground connected to chassis in AJ?

Are all the devices plugged into the same power strip?

Audio IN ground is connected to the pad IN-

I'll post a picture later today. Thanks everyone for the help!

Joined 2004
Paid Member
R6 and R30 - I'd suggest 0 ohms for the time being because this is likely a ground issue, because the amplifier works properly with other preamps...

How is audio ground connected to chassis in AJ?

Are all the devices plugged into the same power strip?

Sorry I missed the last question. I am not sure if they were connected to the same wall outlet. Same house circuit but could have been a different outlet.

Additionally the boards are currently out of the chassis and the F6's are in place so I will need some time to swap boards for further troubleshooting.

Thanks again for the help Ill post back when I have the AJ running.

Strong Noise

Hello all !!

I need your experice for try to solve a problem. As you know, I build an Alepj J some months ago, and I'm very very happy with it, but yestarday, like other day, I use the power amp for about 3-4 hours without any problem.

Today when I turn on, on left chanel, sound a strong noise, not much high, not much low, where do you recommend start to revise each per each component ?? Any similiar problem.

Thanks for your help.

I check all conections, all wires, change wires, rca wire, chan gin wire chanel, change preamp.... I can't see any visual problem, maybe one capacitor.... but it's rare, yesterday was working well the only change was for test 4ohm monitors....

Attachments

• 16113210013694566450916833841774.jpg
    16113210013694566450916833841774.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 273
I check all weldings and seems right.
When I turn on the power amp the Offset are in 0 but start to decrease to negative polarity While warming in 1 minute go to -1.9volts when I turn off the power amp, the Offset measure change polarity and go to 0 again..... the Offset resistor seems Works well because I can adjust it to 0 again, but are continously decreasing when is warming....

R18 - 0.39V R - 19 - 0.42V R - 16 - 0.41 R - 17 - 0.41V

Last edited:
After turn crazy, and compare both pcb's, I think the problem can be from LSJ 74, what do you think ? Because without any rca conected R18-19-16-17 in the right chanel I measure 0 volts so.it's ok but on the ring chanel left, I measure 0.4v more or less in all resistors....

I think have sense.