• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aksa Lender P-mos Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Class A Amp GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I think if you have 4x33mF 50v per channel you are good to go. More is always better of course. Also, stringing it out as Hugh suggests in a CRCrCRC with smaller C can work. And if you have extra high voltage trafos, you can use larger R to drop the voltage and reduce the ripple. I am using 4x22mF CRC plus a second CRC with 4x10mF. I have no noise or hum on my B.B. with 100uVrms noise at the output.

I currently have a AN-6430 Antek, the voltage is little high but I think with the CRCRCRC psu I can get it right. If that works, I only have to buy one additional transformer, Yahoo!!

Nice, I will keep an eye on your build. I'll likely do similar.

I need to wrap up a few other projects before I can dive in. My general plan is to build them as monoblocks, separate PSU chassis, and use them to power the LF of my main horn system.

You will need four - back when I got them they were only $12ea. Seems to have doubled in price lately.

Yeah, Vunce reminded me that I need four. I'm not in a rush so maybe I can wait for a sale, though even at ~$23, they seem like a good deal.

I wish the cpu coolers didn't have the ends of the heat pipes exposed. Maybe I could make a cap to clean up the look a bit...

I could make a Delrin or PTFE cap, remnant pieces of both are inexpensive on eBay.

So many ideas, hahah