• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aksa Lender P-mos Hybrid Aleph (ALPHA) Class A Amp GB

Excellent Do!!!
I guess that you will be very happy listening to all of your amplifiers using this excellent speaker.
Nice work on cabinet. I like woodwork too , got some german blue gear for that, I like the festool more, money paid for a hobbyist an consider this further in post.
Ok, what's wrong with seas Excel,
The prestige series imd much higher do to element motor design.
So the BB or alpha or any Nelson Pass amp can't correct this.
I looked at phone so maybe you are using diffent elements.
Different approaches can be seen here.
Danny do you use clio or pc hardware/software as you use ltspice. Just asking
A Finnish loudspeaker designer uses a good but as tech. goes orthodox method.
By the ear. Again he uses seas Excel
so he might be familiar to some extent point on crossover, although he spends months of listen and corrects the passive filter to near perfection for all types of music.
Nice way of enjoyment of a real job time in making.
I written a lot of a seas Excel I'm familiar with this, over 20years a lot a of them used by famous commercial designs,.
Sometimes I think of Jorma he had /has another approach to music reproduction.
Oldschool is dying & technology envolves.
IN The Day, diy electronics in audio was money spent at a fraction as commercial good tech. was so expensive.
Times changes and it goes around.

Dynaydio consequence Ultimate Edition. With BB if I ever win a 1000000$ or more. I ship these to a random choice of person with BB.
Happy listening times.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Alpha BB GB Status Update:
*pelayostyle - 1 set
pcgab - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
vvs07 - 3 sets bb, 3 sets TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
emynet - 1 sets bb, 2 sets TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
DrPro - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
wtl - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
yoaudio - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
*markus22ch - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads
Cambe - 1 set, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
ekidnah09 - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Aksa Lender Pre with TH, Paid
Kokanee - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
Vunce - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
bvtrinh - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
muthumuthiah - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, ship to US address TBD, Paid

* Marcus22 and Pelayostyle, if still interested please PM me your PayPal info.

Sorry for the wait but finally having some time to prepare orders for shipping. 14 pairs or 28 boards. You can't imagine what a stack of 28 boards weighs. The via perforations really add weight I think (some of it is gold). This is unfortunately, the un-fun aspect of a GB, packing them and putting shipping labels on them is true drudgery. But someone has to do it... :)

Here is a stack of the 28 boards next to another fine JPS64 layout of my new DCA (Desktop Class A headphone amp). Just did power tests on that and got unclipped output of 544mW into 42ohms. More than enough to drive power hungry HE-400i planars to a loud volume beyond comfort.

Attachments

• Stack-30-BBs.jpg
    Stack-30-BBs.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Alpha BB GB Status Update:
*pelayostyle - 1 set
*markus22ch - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads
ekidnah09 - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Aksa Lender Pre with TH, Paid
Kokanee - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
muthumuthiah - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, ship to US address, Shipped
juntuin - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid

Please double check this list to makes sure I have your order correct or if I left you out.

Here is a stack of the 28 boards next to another fine JPS64 layout of my new DCA (Desktop Class A headphone amp). Just did power tests on that and got unclipped output of 544mW into 42ohms. More than enough to drive power hungry HE-400i planars to a loud volume beyond comfort.

Boards look beautiful X. Good to see the interest around the ALPHA BB - it's not that you come across a 52 watt Class A single ended amplifier design frequently... look forward to see some creative builds from the good folks of this forum! :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi X,

Order looks correct. Please send to Canada address as requested. Heading to Canada June 5th, to start building our new house and of course to pick up all the neat gear that I have purchased.:):wave2:

Thanks for all the great work, and all the expert knowledge on this thread.

Myles

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Alpha B.B. GB Status Update.

*pelayostyle - 1 set
markus22ch - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Paid
Kokanee - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, ship to CAN address, Paid
muthumuthiah - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, ship to US address, Shipped
juntuin - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Paid

Thanks for correcting my errors in the list. Packing boards now.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Alpha BB GB Status Update

pcgab - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
vvs07 - 3 sets bb, 3 sets TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
emynet - 1 sets bb, 2 sets TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
DrPro - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
wtl - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
yoaudio - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
markus22ch - 1 set bb, 1 set TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
Cambe - 1 set, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
ekidnah09 - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Aksa Lender Pre with TH, Shipped
Kokanee - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, ship to CAN address, Shipped
Vunce - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
bvtrinh - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped
juntuin - 1 set bb, 1 set of TO-264 insulator pads, Shipped

All shipped!!!

Last edited:
Everything Pinnocchio makes is superb looking (and I’m sure superb sounding as well). His amp builds are a real eye candy.

Here is a peek at my new speakers with satin finish over espresso brown stain on Baltic Birch ply. Color looks excellent so far.

Thanks for the compliments

I know what you mean when you say "multiple coats of satin finish". Sanding between every coat of paint takes time and patience. Looking very good those speakers of yours, love the color too! I've heard some very good things about FAST and I might give it a try eventually.

Great Loudspeakers , my mistake looking on mobile , so the ATS4 AudioTechnology & scanspeak relevator be , should be good enough or better :). Great job did you do the cabinet yourself? Just asking

Hi Tonza,

Also thanks for the compliments

I actually build two sets of ATS-4 with my friend. We did everything ourselves and it took very long time to complete but the end result is really good sound. I don't know about changing the drivers to the ScanSpeak Revelator series would be a good thing since it would require a complete crossover redesign. I'm sure it would sound good if done right though.

Ciao!
Do